Sunnyvale rocking the overbids

At this rate, he better prays that GOOG continues to appreciate faster than RE.
I have no data, but could it be people are already worrying about stock market peaking and selling their RSUs for RE. My thesis is in a bull market, stocks appreciate faster than RE. Similarly, in a bear market, stock depreciates faster than RE. So around 2009-2011 just before the bull market starts, better to invest in stocks than RE. At this late bull (or may be bear market has started), better to sell stocks to buy RE.

Um… are we in a late bull? so hard to say…

But @tomato should keep his GOOG options and use margin to purchase real estate. That’s what I would do (that’s what I did in the past with AAPL and other ETFs/tech stocks).

Thought you did it after the stock market crashes :slight_smile: not in 2007, right? Increasing leverage here doesn’t seem prudent.

By options I guess you mean RSUs since options have expiry date. Got to sell them before expiry.

Just maintain a healthy 30% margin so be ok.
Just don’t go beyond 30%.

1 Like

Thinking along these lines, in order not to exercise cap gains.

1 Like

Plymouth …> $2000/ sqft
That is bat shit crazy !!
@ wuqijin …still buying ? In wsj ? 95129 or 95130?

Not buying no more!!! Bought too much already. Bit off more than I can chew… :rofl:

I thought you said you were under contract a few posts above ?

Oh… yes, that one is 95117… I keep getting pushed out into less expensive zips… no more 95129/30… :frowning:

Know 95117 eden area well …didnt know you were looking there …yes 95129 and 95130 are now in the stratosphere …95117 is not exactly cheap either

The Moreland school part of 95117 is getting very expensive… that’s where I bought it. However, I think it is still somewhat of a bargain compared to 95129/30.