Swimming pool removal

Hi folks, do you know how much it would cost to remove & fill a full-size in-ground pool from backyard in Menlo Park? The intended use after the pool removal would be to plan grass or small trees there (that is not looking to construct a structure on top of it).

I used this company almost 10 years before for south san jose, single man run company, but he made it quickly and nicely and it costed me appx $10000 (small size pool, do not remember capacity).

1 Like

I paid ~$8K a few years ago. That is with some special geo permits and putting all the surface level concrete back into the hole. Hauling it away would have costed a lot more.

2 Likes

I make 10k for pool removal, hauling and putting a grass lawn over it. Looks to me it is a standard price.

I filled a pool about 8 years ago. I think the cost was around 6k.

Do you have side yard access to the pool that’s wide enough to allow a bobcat to drive through? I think the smallest bobcat is around 5’-6’ wide. There are smaller bobcats but too small a bobcat can’t handle the job. If you don’t have this access and have to do the demo by hand it would be much more expensive.

Pool removal can cost anywhere between $5,000 and $15,000 or perhaps more, depending on how complicated the project is. Larger pools or pools with elaborate features could need more effort, which would increase the cost of removal.