Tale of a Homeless Couple

It’s not that they are too dumb. It’s that they are being told their problems aren’t their fault, and they believe it. Liberals are constantly telling them that they can’t fix their own problems. Not many peole will try something if they are constantly told it’s impossible.

1 Like

Nimbyies know it is illegal to restrict immigration or migration. But they do know that restrictive zoning does the same thing.

Got to be honest, but for a lot of elections there aren’t choices. I can’t think of the last time anyone went up against Jerry Hill. I am surprised that Senator Pan got reelected this time as he had two good opponents, but there have been so many times I feel like my own district–here or in Boston–I’ve not been given choices to vote for.

I’m not sure I agree. It would be better for cities to be able to enact laws that make sense for them, not trying to apply sweeping generalizations to a state that has a wide diversity of climates, ethnic groups, COL, and industries. One size really doesn’t fit all.

Prop 10 is about repealing a state wide rent control ban on SFH’s. I don’t see people siding with more local control on this forum.

• I believe counties should have primary/local control over their policies
  • I believe decisions should be made at a statewide level and applied everywhere in CA
  • I think both the county and the state should get their laws off my property and my neighbor’s too, but if I’m going to have laws, make them mostly state laws.
  • I think both the county and the state should get their laws off my property and my neighbor’s too, but if I’m going to have laws, make them mostly county laws.
  • The more the merrier! Bring on both state AND county laws up the wazoo! I love being legislated!

0 voters