Tax reform is signed and final now

Kudos to Trump !

3 Likes

If someone is interested in retirement savings account, what is affected and what is not affected here.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing some quality info that’ll help us.

2 Likes

For those who interested in reading the actual bill :slight_smile:
Tax cuts and Jobs act

The advice on the HSA useage is sound.

But, my heartbeat skips whenever I see advice on a Roth IRA conversion. The amounts are fully taxable during the tax year they are rolled over. If you have a large nut in regular IRAs to roll over, you’re going to get killed in taxes. It just isn’t a smart idea for most people.

The piper gets paid one way or another. They best you can do legally is defer payment.

Bold high-lighted statements are Correct.

But, those reddians, most of them from outside bay area, earn less than 100k, almost 50k-80k range. For them Roth IRA conversion at 15% (future 12%) tax bracket level is good.

For bay area people, like me, after tax 401k is the best with Mega back door Roth conversion after 59.5 years.

1 Like

The stupidity of the American politician. It was supposed to be so simple, you needed to fill your taxes on a postcard size form. Yeah, another lie.

That’s why our IULs are becoming the cream of the crop. Pay taxes on the seed, enjoy the wealth when you harvest. Zero % when the market crashes is your hero. Others? Going to cry.