Tax Reform?

Hate to speculate at this point…

CNBC previously reported that a version of the GOP proposal — as of Tuesday — features a 21 percent corporate tax rate and a top individual rate of 37 percent. It would also allow a mortgage interest deduction on loans up to $750,000. It is unclear if the final bill would expand state and local tax deductions beyond the limited $10,000 in property tax deductions proposed in the bills already passed by the House and Senate.

The red states are the key. blue are going 100% Democratic after this… So if the toothless masses in the heartland see a benefit, then Republicans hold a majority and Trump holds on till 2020

1 Like

Toothless masses! ROFL!

1 Like

Impeachment for what? That’s laughable. At this point, all we’ve learned in months and millions of investigations:

1. One of the top investigators at the FBI was biased against Trump. It was so bad he was removed from the investigation. It was the same guy that reworded the Comey statement so Hillary wouldn’t be prosecuted.
  2. Trump’s team communicated with Russia AFTER the election which is normal for transition teams to start communicating with foreign leaders. They communicated with foreign leaders of a bunch of different countries.

If anything, the most shocking revelation out of this is how unprofessional and biased people at the FBI are.

Mortgage deduction will be capped at 750k instead of 1M. This is 10k less deduction for big borrowers.

I read that 10k SALT deduction can be used for property tax, sales tax or state income tax. This will be good for renters. Big house owners will essentially get 0 property tax deduction if his state income and sales tax is over 10k.

Basically, less tax incentive for owning an expensive home now.

Renters are getting a better tax cut. Maybe they will have more money for downpayment

1 Like

Itching to see if capital gains exclusion got watered down… praying for it!!! 5 out of 8 years is CRIMINAL I tell ya!!!

Renters do not do much lobby. Why do they get a good deal? :rofl:

Come on, will some enterprising reporter steal a copy of the legislation??? We must know what our future looks like. Dark, gray or SUNNY!!! We want SUNNY!!!

How to claim sales tax? Need to keep all the receipts?

If use standard deduction, can still claim the $10k or not?

I stopped asking questions, and you should too. By now, all the bosses are paying the republicans for changes to the “fit in a postcard” tax return. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

These idiots in congress are rushing something that should be, as a normal way of legislating, being debated. They were crying because when Obamacare, in which they were given the opportunity to participate, took a little time, what? 2 years? 6 Months?

Hopefully the next elections people, honest people will reflect and vote the other way, or vote for honest people from their own party. But even today, republicans, the honest ones are telling the truth:

We have a lunatic/maniac wanting to create his own security agency to investigate those exercising their first amendment.

A vulgar, a pig of a president insulting most Americans, even women, recently suggesting a congress lady would sleep with him for some “donations” to his cause. I ask myself, is there any women here that have moral values? Or they are as dishonest and vulgar as their president?

We have a president and his supporters backing up a sexual pervert in Alabama.

He wants the authorization of ordering the other 2 branches in government what to do. He, in his ignorance, wonders why he can’t send somebody to jail. What an idiot!

He has lied and dumbfounded so many Americans, the poor and ignorant souls don’t know what is true or what is a lie anymore. And what I see, is that they are willing to close their eyes, for a bucket in their hands.

We, the American people all the sudden became Mexicans, we are paying for the wall. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

And despite that, some dumbfounded Americans are, still, cheering him up. They must be sexual predators themselves. And liars. Right?

Like they say, feathers…

Who moves from a residence after 2 years anyway? Would be flippers would be the only ones.

1 Like

Agreed, but to bump it up to 5 min is somewhat harsh no?

If you use standard deduction, you would give up on all deductions. So this 10k deduction will be mostly used by higher income and homeowners anyway.

To have 10k sales tax, you need to spend 100k to 200k a year in different states. That means sales tax is small anyway. How to keep record? I have no idea, someone will have an app for that if enough people care about it

Even current IRS, you can claim sales tax, but needs to keep receipts, esp possible with big items.

Yes, and it will probably lower sales in an already tight market.

You can save receipts. There’s also a calculator that tells you how much you can deduct for sales tax based on your income. If you want to deduct a number higher than that, then you need receipts. If you purchase a new car, then it probably makes sense to calculate the number vs. taking the number from the table. If you take the standard deduction, then you don’t get to itemize anything.

https://apps.irs.gov/app/stdc/

I can use that to determine my sales tax deduction, since I don’t have state income tax to deduct.

Clinton got impeached for lying about a blow job.
Trump lies about everything. In fact he would rather tell a whopper lie than the truth. A Democratic Congress would destroy his agenda and drive him out of office…

1 Like

He lied under oath while testifying. There’s no crime for lying while not under oath.

1 Like

So when Trump is under oath you think he will tell the truth. He is a pathological liar, in fact when he is under oath he will be aggrandize himself while lying, attacking the prosecutor and any other person he has a grudge against…
the guy is an absolute idiot…doesn’t know when to shut the fuck up…

1 Like

Watch how the future of the tax reform lies on the hands of a liar McConnell. The mother foxer said already he is not going to seat Jones in the senate.

Republican trolls will be bringing data to show this is not true :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: