Tech Pros Want to Quit eBay, Intel More Than Other Companies: Study

Overall, eBay has the most unhappy workforce, with nearly 60 percent of tech pros saying they’re looking to leave.

Intel staffers were almost as unhappy: 53.47 percent of respondents who work for the chip-maker are looking for their next opportunity.

LinkedIn, Uber, and Facebook fared best in this survey, with only 22.02, 25.57, and 26.11 percent (respectively) looking to leave.

2 Likes

I wonder what attrition rates actually are. It used to be 10-20% was normal in SV and it was 3% outside of SV. The job market is much hotter now.

I often heard LinkedIn pays well without much work. Is that true? Any LinkedIn folks here?

They have a lot of engineers and what new features have they really rolled out? Linked in seems about the same as 10 years ago. They bought the company that lets them offer training.

Surprised that Google is so high.

Surprised so many people want to leave Google?

Yes. I honestly thought that Google was an employer with high retention rates. Thought people generally left when friends offered better opportunities or to start their own companies. Which would mean not looking at leaving, but something really awesome came along.

Knows a lot of LinkedIn folks, old timer and new timers. IMO, LinkedIn really has true WLB (true care from Executive to Mid-manager) and pay in 95% percentiles.

2 Likes

WLB means slacker heaven. :smile:

COolllll :slight_smile:

Plus if you need to change jobs, you’ll have quite a network and listings to access :slight_smile:

1 Like

BTW: That graph sucks. Still having trouble deciphering it.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t understand what those arrows mean.

1 Like

Should have used bar graph instead. Basically if the percentage is >50% (more than half want to quit) the arrow will point to the right.

2 Likes

The folks at Blind who actually did the survey did use a bar chart! Someone at Dice decided to copy Blind’s survey results and felt they can create a more ‘cool’ visual representation of the data. And what did they do? They plotted the ‘yes’ and ‘no’ percentages for each company and joined them with arrow pointing towards ‘yes’ if it was lower than 50% and towards ‘no’ if it was higher than 50%. Obviously the sum of yes and no percentages equals 1 for each company and hence showing both data points or joining them doesn’t add any value. :man_facepalming:

https://usblog.teamblind.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/040818_Job-Searching_company-1000x692.png

2 Likes

Thanks intangible–that helps a lot. So how did people find out about the survey? I’ve never heard of teamblind. Do people sign up because they’re job hunting or for another reason?

It’s a very popular app in tech circles so you can vent about your employer, compare notes on offers etc.

Look up Blind’s blog post on details of how they conducted the survey. It was a yes/no question on if someone is actively interviewing elsewhere.

1 Like

Cool thanks. I hadn’t heard of them before. Normally check glassdoor.

It’s recently popular especially to gossip about their current employer (can join your company network with your employer email). IMO, mostly draw people who are bitter about current employer hence generate more toxic discussion.

Oh… So you can’t find out the scoop BEFORE working for them? I’d love to know the most toxic stuff before signing up for a job.

They have general lounge area you can ask your questions about a company. But most of the discussions happened inside the company private group.

1 Like