Telecommuting/ WFH and Remote Work

A Boss Ordered All Workers Back to the Office a Year Ago. He Has No Regrets.

https://archive.ph/Dvo6p

1 Like

1 Like

Fresno and Bako are back… WTH. Who wants to live there? Especially since it’s 110 degrees this week.

1 Like

110+ in San Ramon,Pleasanton,Livermore,Dublin… this week.

Thought @manch says BA is dry and cool. At most foggy.

We’re known in 5-10 years, which model (RTO, Hybrid, Remote) work.

lol yeah I was gonna say the same thing…

Fresno has 36 100+degrees days per summer. So 1/3 of the time miserably hot . The rest of the time just miserable. My good friends spent 65 years there… happily retired in Tahoe …

Jassy said Wednesday most employees have returned to physical offices, and are spending some days working from home. Certain teams tend to be at the office more often, such as hardware or creative units, while others, such as engineers, continue to work largely remotely, he added.

Andy is saying he would be doing quiet career stagnation for those who didn’t RTO.

Where is he alluding to that?

Creative units does not mean productive.

1 Like

That’s very different. You can tell he’s from the AWS/software business. If I had to bet money, I’d bet Bezos would mandate a return.

I think whether remote works for a company depends heavily on its structure and culture. I don’t see much analysis probing from that angle. If a company’s managerial structure is flat, teams are small and decision making decentralized, remote tends to work. There’s just less synchronization that needs to happen. Versus the opposite, if a company is hierarchical and decision making centralized, it’s more efficient if everyone in the team is physically present at the same location.

1 Like