Telecommuting/ WFH and Remote Work

What’s the protesting chant: “Hell no! We won’t go!”

I mean if there’s a compelling reason sure. We did have a full org onsite which I attended. ~90% attended in person.

Meet Kastle Systems, the Covid-Era Kings of Back-to-Work Data

The security company’s weekly “back-to-work barometer” has become a staple of the pandemic’s ongoing conversation about office occupancy and the fate of the in-person workplace.

SF offices are below national average occupancy rates. It’s getting a lot easier to make Bay Area money without living in the Bay Area.

1 Like

Many bay area/California companies officialized WFH by creating WFH staff role, esp IT and related support work.

1 Like

WFH solves way problems than it creates. Helps with housing costs.
Solves the traffic problem and reduce the number of accidents. Gives people tons of extra time to be with their families. Allows people to live where they want to live instead of where they have to live. Allows families to down size to one car. Reduces air pollution. Can reduce the need for child care. WFH is here to stay. And resort communities will benefit.

6 Likes

Long enough, cottage software industry would develop in those areas where there are many WFHers. Take note. Might want to invest early in WFH areas. Given right conditions, might even become mini tech hubs.

WFH creates the same environment that Singapore has painstakingly developed. Many self-sufficient towns outside DT… so that residents in those towns don’t need to go to DT.

1 Like

With WFH, I want to go remote beaches like Monterey bay or Pismo beach or long beach or Santa Cruz beach areas and settle for life !

1 Like

Nothing exciting about those beaches. Better one.

Bali, Indonesia

Gold Coast, Australia

Karekare, New Zealand

1 Like

Lost all young ages !

To hot for me. 2 weeks in the tropics and I am done. Too many bugs. High humidity is debilitating.

Remote employees are working less, sleeping and playing more…

:+1: People have re-learn how to enjoy life. Behaving more like humans, and less like zombies.

1 Like

6o million hours not spent wasting time commuting. Should probably huge savings in fuel and added productivity. The equivalent of 30000 jobs.

United Airlines CEO Scott Kirby says remote work has permanently changed leisure travel demand

https://archive.ph/l7DMu

1 Like

2 Likes