Tesla’s trillion dollar valuation is fast approaching

Amazon the Tesla killer.

No way ! It is like toddler and well built man fight !

Tesla has created their own bastion and no one can penetrate.
Wait and see, Amazon and GM will lose their 1B and 2B soon.

Tesla is Tesla, no one can match it until they spend bigger money than Tesla.

1 Like

I will invest in Tesla when Jil or WQ buys one.

I will never buy a house in South Tahoe though.

Thats ok…Teslas are pretty useless up here

I will definitely buy TSLA sometime later. There are few things affecting the growth.

1. Tesla is making big investments in China, expect 2 years
  2. China economy is really bad shape, recovery expected in 2 years
  3. Euro, BrExit are also affecting car sales. Italy is bad already
  4. If US also joins, Car industry gets hit.

Every car company will have challenge as this is next big budget for anyone.

This is not right time to enter, but waiting for opportunities to industry recovery.

The problem with Tesla is once it becomes just a car company it will have lousy stock values just like its competitors.

The problem with Tahoe is that once it becomes just a place for ski junkies it will have lousy home values just like its competitors.

South Lake Tahoe is basically a beach town that doesn’t have to worry about climate change causing sea level rise. Infinite potential. BTW, South Lake Tahoe is still the most affordable of any world class ski town. I just bought Vail MTN stock at 181… now 205

Tesla is basically a company that combats climate change. Infinite potential. BTW, Tesla is still the most affordable of any world class company. I just bought Tsla at 274… now 305

1 Like

Practically, no one is matching except GM, but they are equally expensive. Tesla share in US car industry is just 2% of the market, still they are the big supplier in EV market.

2018 total cars sold in USA is 17.2 Million, TSLA supply appx 500k out of it .

TSLA will unlikely bankrupt as they have lot of expansion now. All their issues are resolved in 2018, they are coming positive now. The challenge is from car industry/sales & Demand.

There are plenty of competitors are coming in that space, means EV cars are going to be the future. See GM major change is EV cars by 2023 onwards.

Going forward, TSLA and GM will have No 1 and 2 position in EV space. Car industry itself low profit margin and high capital intensive industry.

Among all the car companies, both TSLA and GM are good, but TSLA is innovator and leader. The only negative is that they do not pay dividend while GM gives.

When we see the end of recession (either after recession or we are confident no recession) at that time, it is better to enter and hold for long years 10+ years like hanera’s AAPL.

I am long on TSLA, but not long on economy for next 2 years. When economy turns, demand will pickup and TSLA will be fine with good profits. We will come to know in next 18 to 24 months.

I am not only coming out of TSLA, but also sold almost all stocks

I think if you drink the global warming koolaid then your investing thinking is faulty…Even if all American cars went electric the impact will minimal…Cars only produce 14% of US emissions and a small fraction of the world production.
Besides most electricy come from fossil fuels…Go try to save the world. I will concentrate on making money.

MTN up 2.91 today

1 Like

Aren’t your investment thinking also faulty… lots of places people can buy besides Tahoe if they’re really worried about climate change.

I also concentrate on making money. My emotional wealth shot up 2.91% today.

Lithium battery cost is biggest cost of manufacture and it is coming down. In 2-5 years, competition among the many players will bring down EV cars cost. Say we will get EV cars at 20k-25k range.

TSLA has already come with 300 miles/charge, soon will increase to 400 miles and 500 miles range. When it comes to 500 miles/range, really a deal breaker. When you have 500 miles range, easy to go long distance.

PGE is one the highest cost. With 11 cents/KWH, I am getting 3 cents/mile fuel cost.

EV cars will be on road by its low cost fuel when Gas and EV cars are sold at equal price for the equal range. This is going to be the future.

1 Like

263 million cars in America. Even if every new car was electric at 17 million cars it would take twenty years to replace the existing stock. I bet half of the existing owners will stick with gasoline cars no matter what. So maybe in 40 years we will be 80% electric. Meanwhile Tesla struggles to build 500k cars out of 17m.

I want this car
1936 Auburn

https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars-for-sale/auburn-for-sale

Don’t forget the nostalgia factor 50 year old cars are more popular than ever

Do you have the EV plan from PGE?

I’ll let you experts debate the company and stock while I wait for the Model Y. Just let Tesla survive another 5-6 years so I can enjoy my ride for at least few years.

lol…

1 Like

Yes, it is EV plan of PGE and I have home charger.

1 Like

I agree with you but I thought you didn’t believe in climate change?