Tesla’s trillion dollar valuation is fast approaching

https://www.thetechnologyletter.com/the-posts/teslas-stock-comp-now-greater-than-the-gdp-of-croatia

Tesla’s fully-diluted market cap, meaning, when counting not just common stock but also stock comp, is $791 billion according to the most recent data from FactSet. That means the $134 billion of in-the-money options, warrants and RSUs is equivalent to seventeen percent of Tesla’s total value.

2 Likes

Wow! Brave man! BTW he’s a local guy, living in Saratoga now if I remember right.

@Jil

Almost time to short TSLA 🥸

1 Like

Testing my response? Ask WQJ, he even denied covered call! He is right too!

TSLA = No Shorting !

If you understand what had happened, you will not suggest shorting.

Tesla needs money, banks are behind commissions on money generations. Most Tesla shares are held by solid holders and shorters ( losers ) high.

With low float, banks jacked up price from $580 to $650+ and then announced diluting shares on the public market.

Banks are clever enough to do at peak. Public bought at that price, Tesla came back after a small dip.

This way is going to repeat any time Tesla needs money and stock value going to touch trillion!

Who is paying for innovation: Public
Who is getting benefitted : TSLA holders
Who is in sync with financial ( unsaid crime ): Banks
Who is getting burned : Shorter

Read read margin of safety ; Banks are behind commission money for generating finance for TSLA

I know banks are so super duper that many go bankrupt and the super four needs bailout during the financial crisis. The one that support TSLA is RHers and the millennials. The game has changed. Time for you to forget what you have read and progress! progress! don’t fossilize your thinking in books/ articles written long ago.

1 Like

Tell that to WQJ !

You see now, you are missing the boat again with MRNA and BNTX, going up and up everyday !

Every stocks touch by RHers are driven to insane valuation - unheard of insanity e.g. SNOW, MRNA, TSLA,… Black swan can come anytime, recall what happen in Dotcom bust? $100 stock becomes pennies in a matter of days and weeks. I don’t want to be Isaac Newton. Recall that I told you Dotcom bust decimated my investment to… puny fraction of original… sold all and pumped into AAPL and didn’t check stock markets for years. Rest is history.

Newton story:
Too lazy to check out the exact prices he paid in pounds, but it goes like this:

Buy South East at $1 even though he knows is not worth a cent.
Sell South East at $10, very happy.
South East continued to rally rapidly and he is very pissed.
Finally go all-in to buy South East at $90 using his Nobel prize money pretty sure he won’t be the greatest fool.
South East shot up to $100, he thinks he is a genius.
Black swan strikes, tumbling…
Exited for pennies and filed for bankruptcy.

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 10.19.55 AM

Have you short, you can close now with a cool PROFIT of $1400 per 100 shares. More than your meagre $300 :slight_smile: for day trading QQQ put.

TSLA shorter were shot in the past, billions burned !

SNOW was bought by old man, WB pre-IPO.

Regarding TSLA & MRNA, they are innovators, and time and again hard to break such innovative companies. Okay, RHers are not wrong !

Hard to short a huge sum. Elon Musk and his allies can screw your backside. Small sum is a lot easier since they won’t bother with tiny fish. You can buy two AirPods Max :slight_smile: have you shorted.

Didn’t say they are wrong! in the beginning, they are RIGHT. Is fundamentals! Later is another story. The early RHers probably sold to the late comers. They could still make money after 5-10 years since they paid 5-10 years price TODAY. When you buy is critical. Don’t be like Newton. You could be the last fool!

Slightly off topic, Musk has moved from California to Texas for the tax advantages.

There may be plenty of RHers reckless trading and burn into worthless.
RHers quickly follow where market is going, adding volatility with reckless bets.

But, for TSLA, MRNA and BNTX, market (Big funds/banks) are the reasons and RHers follow. You are trust the blogs/posts that highlight what RHers are doing. Those posts are just hypes showing RHers.

The truth is entire community of retail traders are no match to market makers (Big funds/banks).

Fundamentals are the way to go for buy and hold.

Read Accounting for Value (Columbia Business School Publishing) by Stephen Penman

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 11.48.50 AM

$2600 :slight_smile: profit. Close too early.

Just posting. No idea whether JPMorgan is correct or wrong in their forecast or logic. The only thing I know is I agree with Elon Musk that TSLA is over-valued. Remember overvalue doesn’t mean it can’t go up like double or even triple, it just mean the rocket has to land some day.

Tesla can’t go up everyday. Goes up 10 out of 13 usually

1 Like

The whole market is down, is not Tesla related.

1 Like

Dude RHers and retail investors contribution to TSLA volume is tiny.

1 Like

It means the rocket has to reach a stable altitude eventually. Doesn’t mean it has to go down.

People can’t comprehend the potential future value of Tesla because it spans many industries and massive potential revenues.

In 10 years, there is an easily explainable trajectory for TSLA to be “fairly” valued at 2 trillion dollars based on P/E or FCF. So while it may happen, it isn’t guaranteed TSLA will drop down a lot. It may just hover between 500 and 1.5 trillion for 5 years :rofl:

Which rocket doesn’t land?

Don’t think so. Leverage can have outsized effect. I can use option to leverage 1 to 100!

A lot of businesses are like that.

That is possible. It did once in the initial burst than hovering between range. Now is another burst. The issue is we don’t know when it would start hover and what is the range. As I told @wuqijun here long ago, if I knew Elon Musk well like him and bought earlier, I won’t sell and just hold (hopefully forever) to see how it plays out. No way I will sink money (from selling AAPLs) to buy/support TSLA.