Tesla’s trillion dollar valuation is fast approaching

I saw similar chart yesterday. TSLA growth rate is diminishing, unfortunately in bearish time.

You need re-read first 500 pages of this thread why TSLA stands out of all other cars, what EM did before TSLA IPO and why no one else able to match the quality even traditional car manufacturers (GM is close) struggling to compete TSLA.

If lazy to re-read ignore it!

Those are not inventions.

Perfectly fine!

The issue with plug-in EV’s is and always has been charging time. You gain little if range increases but charging time per mile remains the same. The only US company working on this is Aptera.

1 Like

Have you ever driven a car more than 400 miles without stopping for 30 mins?

If someone does, car tires will burst while driving.

It just takes exactly 30 min to charge 75 KW that can take you another 300 miles.

If TSLA chargers are taking 30 mins ( with 250 KWH station) competitors charging takes more than an hour as they have 100 kWh or 50 kWh chargers only.

1 Like

Pretty amazing to think back to that time.
– About 1/4th of the companies are basically dead (Enron, Compaq, AIG, Sears)
– Another 1/4th have been crushed i.e. down 90ish% over the past 20 yrs (Citi, GE, GM, Ford, HP).
– None of them are what I would consider ‘leaders’ in 2023.
Time withers all things.

1 Like

Both my ICE cars take 5 minutes to get 450 miles of range. More to the point I never have to detour off my route to find a gas station. The idea of knowing where gas stations are before I do a long run, say Strawberry to Sac or Strawberry to Boulder, both over 800 miles, never even occurs to me. Plus, much of my driving is spontaneous and unplanned. That’s the whole point of having personal transportation. Otherwise forget the car altogether and just use buses, trains and planes. Maybe an Uber every so often.

1 Like

Oh and nobody gets 300 miles from any Tesla in 30 minutes of charging except for around town. Few even get that after an hour of charging. Tesla range, like EV’s in general, collapses at freeway speeds.

It may be your perception. I have used 5 EV cars so far, but after getting model 3, never felt that issue while driving to LA and back.

Correct, that is why I am eagerly waiting for 500 miles/charge which will easily cross 300 miles which is maximum distance a car can be driven without stop to avoid tire burst.

1 Like

Tesla margin compared to other car OEMs. Similar to BMW but with half the sales. As Tesla scales its margin will be far below that of BMW.

BMW market cap is only 75B.

2 Likes

Tires don’t burst from hours on the road even at Arizona temperatures. Stopping is a personal thing but I never stop until I’ve put 400 miles behind me and I certainly don’t want to be limited by supercharger availability when I decide where and when to stop. Maybe in anohter 15 years when I might need to pee all the time…

1 Like

Um, tires don’t burst from driving too many continuous miles. It’s ~3 PSI difference for a tire that’s cool vs. warm from moving on the road. The PSI doesn’t keep increasing.

1 Like

$2000 by 2027 :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

$1T revenue by 2027 :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

When I drove LA to SFO on I-5, BMW displayed like this two times, then stopped nearby place.

At one time when we were over speeding at 120 mph on hwy, police ticked and told that higher chances of tire burst high at this speed! I thought it is due to tire issue.

1 Like

That icon is a coffee cup meant to tell the driver that you’ve been driving for many consecutive miles without a break (stopping car and turning off and on) and that you could possibly be tired or have a lower reaction time etc. Etc.

Edit: this will also come on if you are “drifting” in between the lines alot. (not driving straight and in the ‘middle’)

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s not a tire…

…and they drive me NUTS!!!
You have to clear them to get the display back and when I get them I feel like I just got started on my trip. 2 1/2 hours - are you kidding me? At first you really do think there’s something wrong with the car.

2 Likes

A space x rocket blew up and Tesla stock dropped almost 10%. Why trust your money to a guy like EM with child like fantasies. Space travel is a total waste of time and money. In the 60s it was about national prestige and defense chest pumping. Now it’s just a toy for rich peoples fantasy joy rides. Mars colonization is a ridiculous joke just like extraterrestrials and travel to Earth like planets. Total boyish fantasies good for the movie business and nothing else.

When I think of Tesla, quality is not what comes to mind. More recalls than any other manufacturer. Impossible to repair. Often totaled in a fender bender. Lack of spare parts. Bad service due to lack of dealers. Most mechanics can’t work on these cars.
Customer satisfaction is driven by save the world fantasies and not reality.

3 Likes

What I don’t understand is we did moon missions decades ago with technology far less powerful than today’s smartphones. Now we act like going back to the moon is incredibly complex.

1 Like