Tesla’s trillion dollar valuation is fast approaching

I didn’t learn mess around with options in 2019. If I had studied earlier, I totally would have thrown in a few thousand dollars into TSLA LEAPS :frowning:

2 Likes

The bull case for Tesla is that it is a sustainable energy company, not just a car manufacturer.

1 Like
  • Saxo Bank Head of Equity Strategy Peter Garnry said Tesla’s outpacing by Renault, Volkswagen and Hyundai in Europe in recent months should have shareholders “alarmed.”
  • November’s European vehicle registration figures showed that plug-ins, a combination of pure electric and hybrid vehicles, rose by 198% year-on-year, while total car registrations across the continent were down 14%.
  • In the latest European EV rankings, Renault Zoe held onto the top spot, closely followed by the VW ID.3, according to sales figures from plug-in vehicle market database EV Volumes.
1 Like

Even Chinese exports cannot save Tesla sales in Europe. Most sales of Tesla in UK and those are RHD models. i dont think Chinese have sent RHD models.

Then no need for me to buy TSLA. My SPWR is just as good :slight_smile:

Soon there will be many tough challengers in China. The big boys are IN now. BABA and BIDU.

In USA, Apple would soon join in. Somehow I feel unlikely is a direct competition with TSLA (that many pundits such as @jil and @manch claim), frontal assault is almost always suicidal, it would be an encirculating or side assault. For example, since the return of late SJ, Apple didn’t compete directly with MSFT on WinTel until today M1 Macs :slight_smile: only after it is strong enough to challenge the crime boss.

There are plenty of smart phone mfr, everyone has their own share, but none can dent AAPL or Samsung, because they are early starters, leaders, running ahead of others.

Same way, there are plenty of EV car makers, if Apple joins, they will have some share, way behind all other EV makers including TSLA.

The one and only difference is AAPL has cash surplus and they can make any project and make it. Still, they will be 5-7 years behind Tesla. Struggle will be with AAPL than TSLA.

Simple term: TSLA is current 10th grader started with poor family background, AAPL is first grader with rich family background. It will take years to catch up with technology and leadership.

Same way as for iPhone will struggle because of Nokia, Ericsson, BlackBerry, MSFT…
Same way as for Apple Watch will struggle because of Swiss watch makers.
Same way as for AirPods will struggle because of large range of headphone manufacturers from high end to low end.

Who make microcomputers first? Commodore? Atari? IBM? Where are they now? How about the big guys after the first wave of PC manufacturers flamed out, where are Compaq, HP, Dell, Packard Bell, …?

There are many smart phones (with a tiny screen and smarter than previous generation of cellphone) before iPhone, those smart phones are now called dumb phones. So, TSLA and current crop of EVs could be those pre-iPhone smart phones… :thinking: Basically, either Apple will launch an Apple vehicle (not sure must be a sedan car) or won’t. If it launches, it would be better by miles. Otherwise, Apple won’t launch if they feel they are not adding value/ improving on current EV/AV.

Apple won’t do this. Won’t make any project just because it feels like making it. Only make products if they find shortcomings in current products and they have a idea of how to do it better. Apple is not MSFT, won’t do it because can make money… Apple products have to be an improvement over current offerings.

@JIl

You are still thinking of direct assault! Think crooked! Stop thinking straight! See around the corner.
It is not going to be a wannabe design! It would be quite different. Apple won’t build sell a vehicle manufactured by other by slapping an Apple logo on it - that is what you seem to be thinking. Please not a TSLA look alike with Apple logo.

Apple is way behind even after 5 years now. Remember, whoever may be the CEO, they need to show results. Otherwise, market will show its real face like what they showed to TSLA.

Elon or Tim, who is better crooked?

5 years behind if it is going to be a TSLA wannabe. Is not going to be a wannabe.

1 Like

The best case is $15000 by 2024 i.e. $5000 post-split.

1 Like

this my world and Tesla has way more than EVs, They are dominating Energy Storage (megapack), and they lead in VPP technology (Virtual Power plant). I would totally buy on a dip, however we are cleaning ourselves out to buy this house, so no cash to spare right now. :wink:

So few? Automated factories? Infotainment? Utility Grid? Drones? RoboTaxis? Tesla would dominate everything we use and any markets it enters! Trust me! Somehow I hear such claims for AMZN, MSFT, DELL, YHOO!, GOOG, … some years ago. Well…

but in this case they ARE dominating right now? Google/Amzn/Msft using Megapacks for their Data Centers (recently announced). I am in this world and I see the dominance, CA is using Tesla Megapacks to replace a gas peaker plant in SoCal.

Well, at or near peak, that’s what you see. Probably one more double as Cathie claims but that is not great as many other stocks would do much better.

1 Like

When she sells open market, whatever bullish talks she gives is hypocrisy! They are big fish, bait small fishes …

Poorest investment decision ever made is to use money to buy a home rather than dumping it into a company like Tesla. Just delay your purchase for a couple years and you might be able to buy a home 3 times the size.

2 Likes

Ha! DH wanted to buy a house in Bay Area though I wanted to move to NC and use the money to buy stock. :wink:

1 Like

if I want to buy tesla shares now, what would be the right entry point?