Tesla’s trillion dollar valuation is fast approaching

Better question is whether you can trust Tim Cook’s assessment… :innocent:

You’ve fell for the April fool joke :wink:

1 Like

Common knowledge now. If you had said this 2 years ago, actually believed it and acted upon it, would’ve been a different story.

1 Like

Apple make profits while Tesla still regulatory profits. Apple dominate US market. Tesla has tiny market share and huge expenses.

Plus Tesla own factories in Fremont, Austin and Berlin will face rising utility and cost of living.
I dont think Elon read any scientific publications.

https://www.ufz.de/index.php?en=37937

2 Likes

there is no visibility of how much Chinese , US and Global sales and how many people really buying that $10K self driving. it is consumer spending money on vehicles as they cannot spend on tourism and trying to avoid public transport.

if you really want to see growth. Look at Korean. once you add Genesis. Korean are at 150K per month in US alone. Globally they are marching to 1 million sales per month. while Tesla with all Chinese help lucky to get 1 milllion in a year.

LIDAR limitations

https://www.laserfocusworld.com/blogs/article/14040682/safety-questions-raised-about-1550-nm-lidar#:~:text=As%20long%20as%20emission%20from,wavelengths%20shorter%20than%201400%20nm

it is just start.

The biggest challenge for TSLA comes from Bitcoin exposure…!

So was Archegos an anomaly? Or a trend? No one can tell for sure, given the lack of transparency in the shadow banking world. But I believe the latter. After all, family offices are not the only part of the financial sector to have escaped effective oversight; just look at what the recent Greensill scandal shows about supply chain financing. Viacom was certainly not the only stock displaying peculiar prices swings; gyrations in the GameStop price have been far wilder.

Indeed, if you scan the financial landscape, you can see multiple pockets of bizarre price behaviour — or froth. Take bitcoin: the price of a coin has had a ninefold increase in the past year. Crypto evangelists argue this makes sense given inflation threats to fiat currency, and increased mainstream acceptance of crypto assets. Possibly so. But the sheer scale of the rally suggests some big unseen speculative plays are at work too.

Source : Archegos avalanche shows cracks are hidden under the surface

Thought you are telling us the broader implication :slight_smile:

Not just one stock, quite a handful of them experienced 2x+ appreciation over a very short span of time. Normally 2x over 5 years is considered pretty good… 15% annualized return… is also the criteria that Cathie used for inclusion in her ARK portfolio.

This could eventually cause a market crash. What is SEC doing about it?

why do they think it EU vs China competition.

@hanera @Jil @manch what do you guys think about this?

Like so many people who cry “hyperinflation” this guy got his economics concepts all mixed up. No wonder he’s confused and confusing. Read this one instead:

1 Like

how can Cyber truck start at $40K when GM vehicle will start at $80K. its Tesla stock sale subsidizing?

There is asset price inflation. Boats some cars, mobile homes, are appreciating. 15 year old boats are selling for more than they sold new. Supply is limited. Demand is skyrocketing. RE is definitely appreciating way more than the CPI. Huge supply constraints can cause weird anomalies. My 2006 4Runner was worth $6k two years ago. Now it’s worth $12k. We are living in strange times.

The point is not that whether assets’ price go up or not. They do for stocks and real estate. Rather it’s not what inflation means.

TSLA stock can go to $10,000 and Bitcoin can go to $100,000 but they are not inflation. It doesn’t affect the economy and it won’t affect regular Joe’s life, except maybe it will make him feel poorer by comparison.

I think RE going up is inflationary because people can borrow against it and use their homes like piggy banks. That is what caused the 2008 housing crash. Similarly in the seventies when everything was inflated. In both cases the crash caused a disastrous hangover.
It will happen again thanks to the trillions being given away. Remember the roaring 20s ended in the Great Depression that took 20 years and WW2 to recover from.

1 Like

it does impact. if i can make money out of Tesla stock going up to infinity. there is no need me to work hard enough. rather find job that give me plenty of time to play with stocks.
thats why trade deficits are keep increasing despite tremendous production due to fracking. even people working from home and buying online is not producing surplus energy for exports to counter imports. did i keep mention. good and safe school districts are only accessible to top 5% of income level.

If there is runaway inflation it will show up in the inflation data. But so far they have not shown up.

Nobody needs to buy a house. They can rent. It’s like nobody needs to own a cow. They can just buy milk at the market. A more important metric for your well-being is the price of milk at the market. Not the price of owning a cow. Similarly rent is a better measure than purchase price of houses. Didn’t the news reports all said rent went down like 20 or 30% in SF and NYC?

Rents are up 40% in Tahoe since last summer. I think city rents will bounce back fast. I know wages are skyrocketing in Tahoe and in the construction industry. I can’t find any skilled people to work for less than $35/hr. Inflation is here. But the Fed is unconcerned. One plumber in Tahoe is charging $180/hr. The rest don’t even answer their phones.
If I owned SF rentals I certainly wouldn’t sell. Rents will comeback soon.