The min wage myth

But the tax reform will cure that, the republiars are saying wages will increase since the whoever, whatever company or small business will have lots of tax saving programs working for them.

Right comrades? :joy:

Oohā€¦donā€™t tell me somebody was lyingā€¦again? :smile::smile::smile:

Did you not see that already 2 companies are either increasing pay or giving bonuses due to the tax cuts?

Wages, ooh, my apologies, I donā€™t understand English.

Increasing pay isnā€™t wages?

Wow, now two banks are doing it.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/20/fifth-third-bancorp-unveils-bonuses-minimum-wage-hike-after-tax-bill-passage.html

Day 1 and itā€™s already working. This must be a terrible day for you.

Now mister, tell me, think pretty good before you answer. Think, think, thinkā€¦

You said that minimum wage increase will cost CA 400,000 jobs. Right?

So, why are you celebrating companies increasing the minimum wages?

Think again, thinkā€¦thinkā€¦think.

Maybe your made a stupid opinion? Maybeā€¦no! It was a stupid opinion!

Lol, you canā€™t tell the difference in why a company being able to increase wages due a better situation is different from the government mandating it? The government mandating it puts a company in a corner. Theyā€™ll have to raise prices, accept lower profits or a loss, or theyā€™ll have to invest to improve productivity which results in needing less labor.

Iā€™m pretty sure if I said 2 +2 = 4 youā€™d argue just because youā€™re a troll.

Who is the idiot saying this?:

Min wage increase will cost CA 400,000 jobsā€¦

Did he say mandated by the government? :joy::joy:

The entire study is about government mandated minimum wage increases. Wow.

OK Marcus, I am going to forgive you for not mentioning to dumb people like me ā€œmandatory minimum wage increase will cost CA 400,000 jobsā€. :grin:

You failed to explain that it was a mandated wage increase study. Get it?

ā€¦But the $15/hr will kill whatever, you pointed out on another topic thatā€¦guess what? The increase on wages or bonuses, whatever, was to $15/hr.

Which, if we realize, it is bullschit then, companies can raise their wages no matter what because unless I am an idiot, the new tax ā€œcodeā€ or the new tax regulations havenā€™t started yet. Have they?

So, again, when the new tax regulations start to take effect, then we can talk about anything. Meanwhile, saying that ā€œwe got tax cuts from the government, thus we are increasing wagesā€ is BS.

By the way, I am happy for people in the financial section getting $15/hr. :sweat_smile:

Now, I know for sure Walmart is going to pay $15/hr. Right? :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Or, Walmart will keep using government assistance? :zipper_mouth_face:

I canā€™t fix your ignorance.