The U.S. Housing Market Looks Headed for Its Worst Slowdown in Years

Um… ok, but you seemed pretty insulted when you dissing at me just then.

Ok. Too much drama on my part apologies.

No I’m not revealing your secrets. They are yours to keep. But really I don’t see any harm in sharing those “secrets” with the rest of the forum :slight_smile:

Wait… don’t delete your posts! Now I look like a lunatic talking to myself… :rofl:

We are all lunatics in some way.

Wait what happened? My technology is expensive :moneybag:

What’s a few millions dollars between friends :handshake:?

People backstab and kill for much less than that amount.

Well, I did. But I’m selling my BA home. It never hit the MLS; closes Sept 6. I was surprised at the interest in a 610 sq ft. house with no driveway let alone garage built in 1933. The washer/dryer are in a sort of wooden bin on the deck. No dishwasher or anything like that. I laughed with the agent when I read the part of the offer where the buyers wanted the appliances. “What?” I asked. They want all 6 of them - including the floor furnace and water heater?
Off topic but I just got an education in buying what you like and not trying to worry too much about appreciation. The appraisers came to my mom’s house this morning; she passed in June. A Persian rug purchased for $8700 in 1992 from a Palo Alto rug place (think what that is in today’s dollars) is now worth $800. They were in fashion then; they’re out now. A much cheaper Afghan rug has appreciated. The design is very open with tribal as opposed to floral or geometric designs. Tribal is now in. Floral and geometric are out. A classic French wooden table is nearly valueless but a 70’s Formica kitchen table is now stylish and easy to auction. Excepting stocks and real estate buy what you like; forget about appreciation. Impossible to even guess.

East Palo Alto joins the million dollar club!

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/news/2018/08/09/these-bay-area-cities-are-joining-the-1-million.html

Post a photo, I might be interested :rofl:

See, now, that EPA fixer sounds like a great buy…

Even Pacifica is over $1m. I love giving Pacifica crap about bring less desirable than EPA. Bad weather anti growth policies and poor city planning.

https://www.zillow.com/pacifica-ca/home-values/