Thoughts on San Francisco

OOOOF!

I wish I could say I’d miss twitter, but truthfully, that would be fine.

But don’t do that for Amazon. I’m too lazy to go out shopping. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So the response to this is just to sell units as condos. At what point does SF prevent you from selling your own property??

Didn’t get the WFH memo?

Local developer Urban Land Development began demolition this week at 531 Bryant St…50,000-square-foot project. Construction is expected to be completed in July 2023.

San Francisco’s office vacancy rate has soared from around 6% to a record high of nearly 24%, according to real estate brokerage firm CBRE. A slew of major projects not far from 531 Bryant St. in the Central SoMa area have yet to start construction. Tech firm Pinterest paid $90 million to cancel a major lease at one of the unbuilt projects, 88 Bluxome St.

1 Like
1 Like

The company formerly known as Square confirmed to The Chronicle that it won’t renew its 470,000-square-foot lease at 1455 Market St., which expires in September 2023. Block eliminated its San Francisco headquarters designation last year and allowed almost all workers to work from home permanently, with the option to come into the office only if they want to.

Block said it was consolidating offices to cut redundant real estate costs and foster more employee collaboration. It will retain two smaller San Francisco offices at 760 Market St., near Union Square, and 2101 Mission St. in the Mission.

SF is losing its glitter fast. Businesses are leaving. People are leaving. Another Detroit in the making?

no because people who are not tech actually want to live here. So, I think it will go back a bit to the SF of before. Gritty and weird. Personally, I am not the type who loves the SF vibe of gritty and weird (am a suburban “normie” in my heart of hearts) but I see a benefit to the SF gritty/weird vibe for artists/creatives.

Thought Austin held this title.

Certain part of SF is filthy, smelly and scary.

Everywhere is urbanizing fast. Which place is sufficiently “suburban”? To me, many places feel like urbanized suburban i.e. more urban than rural.

I loved living in SF, miss it sometimes (don’t work in tech)

so far, Dublin, Pleasanton boring and suburban. relatively safe, lawns, etc.

as is Austin. when I was there 6 years ago, in the “good” part of town for work, I had some sketchy dudes following me at 7am as I walked to a meeting (6 blocks). people miss feeling like they are in danger. ;0)

I was cooking at Yakitori West in Dublin a few years ago. Did you ever try it?

1 Like

YES - we loved that place - used to go all the time and super bummed they closed recently - I was actually eating there when my water broke with my now 2.5 daughter…that was December 7, 2019 if you were there that day :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Filthy and smelly? Don’t know where. Certain part of DT feel scary though.

:astonished: Wow! I definitely wasn’t there that day since I wouldn’t forget something like that.

Besides the yakitoris and sushi, I made everything else. :slight_smile:
I only worked 4 days/week. Tiny kitchen, low pay, long hours, and hot as hell but good times.

I didn’t tell them - it happened in the bathroom after the meal - I wanted to go back and let them know after COVID but never got the chance :frowning:

1 Like