Today Market February 2022

Kicking off Feb Strong :rocket:

Google parent Alphabet (GOOG, GOOGL) reported its Q4 earnings after the closing bell on Tuesday, beating analysts’ expectations on the top and bottom line, as revenue jumped 34% year-over-year.

Google-parent Alphabet reported Q4 earnings and revenue that topped estimates and announced a 20-for-1 stock split, sending Google stock up.

3 Likes

1 Like

AAPL, MSFT, GOOG all beats estimates with really strong YoY revenues. I think it’s still safe to stick with the big guys.

1 Like

Rich gets richer

1 Like

Should’ve sold my PYPL before the earnings. Now it will go down to 120 and stay there :frowning:
10% YoY growth is too low.

Almost went with PYPL but went with SQ instead. SQ is also down 5% AH too.

1 Like

The headline GDP number is BS. Almost all of Q3 and 71% of Q4 was due to increased inventory. That’s not actual growth. My guess is inflation will scream to a halt once people aren’t over buying to grow inventory.

1 Like

I bought 15 shares of Goog today at 2732. Blind luck.
Now 3000 and getting split 20/1. Also bought U and Nvda

5 Likes

U earnings on Thursday. Crossing fingers.

1 Like

Commoditization of payment market? Lot of companies, small moat, and above all very little difference in user experience. And each country has its own popular payment system like paytm and rupe in India and meli in Brazil

Huge rally. Few stocks up by more than 10%.

BILL U SNOW AMZN SHOP

1 Like

Yesterday was a bear. Today I am up $30k. I feel like a day trader. U is definitely a roller coaster stock

1 Like

30k only? that seems like small change for a man of your background.

Maybe you own some low volatility stocks

2 Likes

Buckle up. $U may feel like a roller-coaster but I think it will be a winner in most tech scenarios going forward.

1 Like

$30k a day is $10m a year. Not bad. I don’t own a lot of stock more afraid of losing $30k a day. RE is more stable and allows for a better nights slee

1 Like

I was being snarky!

No hate from me

1 Like

The roller coaster is back down. Day trading is not for me, not that lucky. Too many tax issues, takes too much of my time . You have to be right when you buy and sell I am just looking for long time holds.
I have faang except Netflix. Plus small amounts of Costco ARK Microsoft Wallmart HD Zillow Unity MRNA NVDA Ruger and mostly SP 500 index. Just waiting to buy dips. Zillow is my only dog. Will sell next December for tax loss, unless it rebounds.

2 Likes

Many stocks are in ST bull trend but are not able to break above 20-day SMA. So best assessment is they are basing till the Fed gives a clearer picture in Mar meeting.