Today Market January 2022

Not a good start of the earning weeks:

Yeah.Not a good start. I stopped dripping into the stocks I was buying until the dust settles.

1 Like

Wow! Looks like many stocks will reset back to pre-pandemic levels. Glad I stayed out of all this since Nov/Dec.

I sold TWLO,CRWD, DDOG last week. Should’ve sold DIS, Paypal too. :frowning:

I’m hoping for a panic dive sell for additional 10-20% to SPX, then fed panics and eases, and market pumps back to ATH.

Todays Netflix news is a tell. Even for a solid big tech, any slowdown in growth will be punished severely. This will apply to all big techs that’s richly valued.

In fed we trust…

2 Likes

I would prefer FED to be dismantled for the good. The problem is that FED can create a bubble that does more harm than the problem it wants to solve.

They will create problems and try even harder to fix it until nothing works anymore. By then, crypto to the rescue as dollar will no longer be the dominant currency.

Interesting chart on FINRA margin debt. In order for SPX to completely reset, this margin debt probably needs to come down to a more nominal level as interest rate normalizes. Perhaps 900b → 650b. This is not moving yet…how much capitulation is needed to liquidate the margins. I know a few who’s bought houses on a full margin but many are from FMAANG… :thinking:

2 Likes

Now that actually makes some sense on how rates going higher impacts the market. It motivates/forces people on margin to sell. It’s insane to think most tech companies care at all about interest rates. They aren’t issue bonds. Most of them actually have a ton of cash. Higher rates will improve earnings, since they can actually make some interest on their cash.

1 Like

True, big companies have tons of cash, but do small and medium size companies also have lot of cash.

Mar 2020 :grimacing:

Many had already lost all 2021 gain.

:cloud_with_rain: bust… could be similar to dotcom bust… more than 90% haircuts.

Billion dollar question… which ones are AAPL AMZN💰

1 Like

Sure? Inflation running high yet crypto lost 40%

Wow

It’s not ready yet. Fed still has control. One day, when it doesn’t work anymore, crypto will be the new king.I don’t expect this to happen for another 5-10 years.

even if cryptos do not replace dollar, I hope dollar is referenced to gold again. These days even a guy with little knowledge of anything else understand what is money printing.

Futures are down 300 points…

What is everyone buying today? I got some TQQQ.

1 Like

TQQQ, COIN, APPS.

1 Like

I didn’t add for two weeks, watching. Still can’t decide to throw cash into TQQQ or individual stocks (mainly COIN, MTTR, U, RBLX, NET).

Not sure whether capitulation has reached or not.

Noted that many fin twitters have thrown in the towel.

A huge reversal… bullish hammer candlestick… wondering…

I bought a bunch of small calls but this feels like a fakeout / short squeeze. I expect things to rally for a few days and fade unless fed says something surprising.