Today Market

Cupertino? :scream:

Crap. Now I’ll need to get masks.

Does the guy work for Apple? I think Apple bought most of the China bound plane tickets from San Jose international? None of my Chinese friends and relatives fly from San Jose when they go to China. They all fly SFO.

Let the tanking begin :dancing_women:

I thought the corona virus was we hat you told the boss you had when you drank too much Mexican beer the night before.

Well at least since there’s no ticks up here in Strawberry (there should be, but there aren’t) I won’t be taking my coronvirus with any lyme disease.
Not that I’m concerned about it making it here. Cable hasn’t even made it here.

wait to buy more! When everyone hates stocks, buy
then. This is opposite of Santa run, correct to the level where last Oct-Nov 2019 left, just shy of 8% from peak.

We just made it into Fear territory. A month ago it was Extreme Greed.

1 Like

Lancet is one of the top medical journals in the world. A paper from Hong Kong University researchers estimated just Wuhan alone the number of cases should be about 76k last week. The latest official number is 12k for the entire country.

So even China’s scary official number may very well be undercounting by 5x or more.

1 Like

Not scary enough. Read somewhere is 10x. Anyhoo still much lower than common flu. Notice you like to post news source/ articles that appeal to anti-CCP crowd.

How long should we wait?

Who knows. In 1972 the Dow hit 1000. Then followed a bear market. It was 10 years before it reclaimed the 1000 level. Then of course there was the Japanese blow-off in the late 80’s. Those highs have never been seen since.
We have a very stretched market, challenging demographic trends and extremely high levels of sovereign debt. My main reason for being in is that I think, in the medium to long term, holding cash is even more dangerous and I don’t trust myself to time things.

What do you mean they have never been seen since? The Dow is now many times it’s highest point in the 80s.

I gave up on this guy awhile back. He doesn’t understand time value of money, inflation, or what risk means but keeps spouting off as if he is some authority.

1 Like

We’re almost to the 50-day. That’s a logical entry point to start scaling in.

1 Like

Talking about the Japanese market. It is nowhere near it’s highs of the late 80’s. And at the time the Japanese were considered invincible. Every American manager worried about keeping his job was studying Japanese management practices.
Demographic trends were one of the most powerful forces preventing a recovery. At some point the same will be true of Europe and America.

1 Like

Scaled in some stocks but may have been too zealous :flushed:

1 Like

Got it. Makes sense.

Seems like you do have an understanding of TVM, inflation and risk means. I am not going to go out of your head because I sound authoritative in the background of the fears in your mind The only way to not make me appear authoritative to yourself is to develop you own understanding and confidence strong enough to overcome your fear. Do not blame your fears on others. I am not an authority in anything. Sorry.

Some think the film “Rising Sun” starring Sean Connery was based on the idea of Japanese invincibility in late 1980s. I think demographic peak in California, whose possibility I have mentioned several times already, will also affect demand of the real estate in the state.