Today’s Market January 2023

That is, revenue growth doesn’t matter. eps :+1:

Also, NVDA :+1:
NET SNOW U RBLX :-1:

Faceripper doubled down: stock will go vertical this year like in 1982.

ServiceNow did very well last quarter.

2 Likes

GDP is stronger than expected, market expects soft landing, so stocks :rocket:

Is this rally for real? Not sure how to position myself. Is anyone buying any protection? SPXU or options?

No change to deal with all changes.

It’s all going to depend on the Feb rate decision and more importantly the messaging about future rate hikes. The expectation is 0.25% in Feb and 0.25% in March. I think the rally continues if expectations are met, or a March hike seems unlikely. The rally will implode if they communicate bigger or more rate hikes. The way inflation is coming down they really should pause rate hikes. Especially, since the fed admits there’s a lag before rate hikes hit the economy AND their data has lag to it. So much is being written on the lag in the rent data, that the Fed would look ignorant to ignore it. They also shown zero desire to surprise the markets, so my guess is they’ll align their forecast with market expectations.

1 Like

Lucid up 43% today.

Stonks are back!!

2 Likes

I bought a small amount of SPXU for insurance

Redfin up 20% today.

1 Like

The people who predicted pullback are now suffering from a serious case of FOMO. Quite a sight to see.

Nvidia golden cross + inverse head and shoulders.

1 Like

Many stocks and indices display iH&S.

NVDA is a clear-cut leader in this new bull run (unless JPow threw a bomb on Feb 1).
Semi is the leading industry.

Nvidia and AMD to a lesser extent are the main beneficiaries of the new AI gold rush. Those large models with trillions of parameters are expensive to train and do inference on.

Secular bull trend.

:rocket:

1 Like

Concern?

Carvana’s chart looks like this when you zoom out a bit:

Is a move from $4 to $7 really that concerning?

I don’t understand why trash companies keep going lower.

1 Like