Today's Market 1/10-16

She is buying China stocks? TCEHY, BIDU?

There goes another name on my to-buy list!

MAKE IT STOP!!!

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Retail traders making their presence known.

Party like 1999.

One way of seeing the impact retail traders have on volume is to compare it at places like NYSE and Nasdaq with that on broker-operated venues, where orders from apps like Robinhood are often steered. Trading on the latter exceeded the former last month for the first time since at least 2008, data compiled by Bloomberg show.

“I thought it was pretty odd,” said Saluzzi, co-head of equity trading at Themis Trading. “I’ve been around for a long time, I’ve seen people in chat rooms and retail investors saying ‘we can make some money - it’s easy.’ There’s a risk it may not end well.”

1 Like

Meanwhile the wrong Signal stock came down hard, but still at crazy high level:

1 Like

You resolved my puzzle of why TSLA is held middle (Cathie sells) and why REGN & ZM jumped up (Cathie buys it) ! Your screen shot shows clearly.

I am not in this stock, but if someone wants to review, here is the EWT from Paul

I’m kicking myself for selling this. I had a call at the bottom but ended up selling it too quick for idk whatever reason…arggg. It would’ve been a 10x+. I actually rode this up a long time ago from teens to 40s before liquidating the position so can’t complain too much I guess.

If Paul is correct, plenty of room to go. It will go way higher than $62, into $100s.

I need a stock market crash.

:pray:

1 Like

Someone needs to do fundamental analysis to ensure it goes to $100. Otherwise, FUBO will be like TLRY, going back to $10 !

I bought TLRY $40, sold at $290 and it is $13.

1 Like

All these chasing hot new stocks is tiring me out. In fact, the hectic pace of trading since late Jun is tiring. Think I will go back to position trading. Buy n wait, ride with calls during momentum. I went into fast trading because I am very pissed that I miss the rocketing between Mar-Jun, doing a catch up, still couldn’t catch up, only 70% p.a. which should be multiples.

2 Likes

Correct, we can not catch all fishes !

2 Likes

Manch favorite FB stock is near low, potential to go up is high and it is likely turn from possible bottom !

After 10% up, Cramer says ZM is good buy

1 Like

Within the acceptable definition of a good trader. Buy within 10% from the bottom :slight_smile: I have completely forgotten about this stock. Thank for the reminder. Seem to be recovering from a zigzag (might be completion of a wave two - didn’t count EWA yet), act first count later. Shorted 1 put :slightly_smiling_face:
for income. Collect $2900 if ZM is above $390 on Jan 29.

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 12.33.58 PM

1 Like

I tried to trade and lost, too early. It is touching the 200-day SMA.

1 Like

It is just 1.83% above SMA-200 now. Do you think it is going 10% below from current level?

Jim Cramer may say good buy when it is appx $265 ! Even at that time it may be within 10%

The volume of call options is hitting unprecedented levels. These are effectively leveraged bets that allow retail investors to punch above their weight.

1 Like

Momentum players, here are some toys for ya. Got this from a newsletter I subscribed:

Plug Power (PLUG) - This hydrogen-fuel cell stock continues to skyrocket. It’s already up big this week and there are no signs of slowing down. It looks like a nice call options play to profit from the momentum.

Chargepoint (SBE) - SBE stock broke through the $45 market and it looks like we are heading to $50. This is my favorite EV charging station stock so far.

Electrameccacina (SOLO) - SOLO is having a hot start to the week and I’m looking for $10 by Friday. SOLO is currently looking for the best location for its factory and the 3 wheeled vehicle could be a major disruptor in the EV space.

Canoo (GOEV) - I mentioned how Canoo could be a game changer because Canoo builds vehicles for the self-driving movement. As more millenials live inside their cars to save money, I think you’ll see an explosion of people living in their Canoos in the next few years. It’s one of my favorite undercover EV plays.

Proterra (ACTC) - Proterra is like the “Tesla of commercial vehicles” and they agreed to merger via a SPAC yesterday. Proterra generates over $190 million in revenue annually and could revolutionize the commercial transit bus industry. (watch video)