Today's Market 12/6-12

Perfect :+1: Falling now. Let’s whether it drops to my expected range.
TQQQ $159-$151. Now is $168 - my 300 TQQQs is losing money :pensive:

Now, I sold SQQQ slight profit and bought TQQQs.

1 Like

So fast. So I am right not to sell TQQQs yesterday :slight_smile: too much trading. I will hold till $180-$200 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Goldman says commodities should do well in 2021.

I got a small quantity of CVX, fertilizer stocks, DE and CAT.

Today was another buy the dip. Everything is bubbling and looks like we are heading higher still. Drugs stocks like PFE, JNJ and MRNA are having a major run. I regret not having a heavy option call on MRNA like the others. I’ll try to get in when it dips. :money_with_wings:

2 Likes

JC is humbled by RHers.

Some key characteristics among younger investors, according to Cramer, include: preference for stock picking over index funds; independent investment choices; willingness to take on risk in a bear market; belief in environmental, social and corporate governance, or ESG, investing.

https://compoundadvisors.com/2020/245x-sales-the-most-highly-valued-large-cap-company-in-history

This article has an interesting historical P/S chart back in the dot-com days:

https://compoundadvisors.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/csco-ps-ratio-12-8.png

Back in the dot-com mania, Cisco briefly hit a price to sales ratio of 39x with a market cap over $550 billion.

Other big tech names peaked in 2000 at the following Price to Sales Ratios…
-Microsoft: 31x
-Qualcomm: 30x
-Oracle: 27x
-Intel: 17x
-Applied Materials: 16x

Tesla’s current PS ratio is…

He’s right. I’ve had one of the best trading days back in sep and some of these RHers nailed it. I initially went in there (from RH flows) with a gambling attitude buying anything in small quantity calls but many ended up being 5-10x returns. Having said that, it’s not a traditional investor mindset. It was purely a momentum play with ton of speculation pumped up by social media. Nov/Dec has been just as good though. :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

RHers created issues to HFT firms as they were fed the orders. Those middle players do opposite of retail traders and created huge options volume by RHers.

Still RHers in Reddit are blindly taking risks WSB kind of yolos.

RHers are like ants, can kill an elephant :slight_smile:

1 Like

RHers are just like the day traders of the dot com era. The look like geniuses until they don’t.

1 Like

Who is buying clothes during COVID?

1 Like

They are very active day traders taking 0.05 cents options in bulk and bet $10000 or more.

For every option, HFT has to provide counter options having either shares or borrow. With 13 million users playing hefty bets creates issues to traditional brokerages.

Not just buying one piece of clothing occasionally, but subscribe to a service that send you a bunch of new ones every month!

Good stuff:

they use heavy ML

More on Snowflake.