Today's Market December 2022

@Jil won’t reveal to evade tax :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ross new year resolution :+1:

How come Ross didn’t mention Elon? Thought he has a sizable position in TSLA?

Macros only

Every recession people learn about it and praise WB, latter they forget all these and chase the stocks until next one comes!

I heard this in 2001 and 2008 and now in 2022!

I thought is different group of people.

1 Like

If you want to know when this recession will be over, then watch BRKB and when touches third time same bottom $260, recession is over!

I just keep his share price as one of the indicators.

2 Likes

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk-warns-against-margin-215641054.html

Margin investor advising investors not to have margin.

Obviously, many TSLA investors have margin calls. Under forced selling, hard to guess how low the price would decline to.

During the podcast, Musk also reiterated his belief that the economy is overdue for a recession and that the slowdown could be similar to the scale seen in 2009.

“My best guess is that we have stormy times for a year to a year and a half, and then, dawn breaks roughly in Q2 2024, that’s my best guess,” Musk said. “Booms don’t last forever, but neither do recessions.”

Growth stocks have been in stormy times since Feb 2021.

1 Like

Santa Claus rally is red?

I guess market is pricing in recession. Once it gets confirmed and FED says we will stop hike is when we will have a rally (when we get an indication towards this and not when it actually happens).

2 Likes

Yup, the fed should probably pause hikes. Even they admit hikes take longer to work they way through to impact the actual economy. They only impact adjustable rate and new debt which is a very small percent of total debt. Rate cuts hit much faster with refinance activity freeing up monthly income.

1 Like