Today's Market July 2024

1 Like

4T soon?

Either AAPL or MSFT should hit $4T first. After that, NVDA would re-rocket, so can’t tell who will hit $5T first. If robotaxi is a success, TSLA could be a dark horse.

July 11
Traders dump techs, buy small caps. Is this the new trend?

A theory I saw on Twitter:

Inflation came in cooler than expected. Higher chance of Fed cutting rates. Therefore money rotated out of safe big techs into longer duration and higher risk assets like small caps.

NVTS, $4, it has been rising for a week. I am not sure how much room there is left, but small cap stocks are indeed my favorite recently. There is also RTC. I sold it two days ago, but maybe I sold it too early.

Dump hyperscalars.

Buy real AI stocks eg

and real FinTech stocks

Breadth has improved. RSP outperformed SPY over the last couple of sessions.
Falling rates may have helped. And a falling dollar translates into higher earnings in dollar terms.
But gold is also on a tear.

Investors continue to…

e.g. AMZN, BABA, META, MSFT, in addition to e-commerce stocks e.g. AMZN, BABA, SHOP, SE
…in a strong bull market.

…and…same today.

More of the same. GOOG, META and MSFT declines in a strong bullish market.

People are pricing in 2+ cuts in the next 6 months:

Russell 2000 / S&P500 ratio has hit bottom it seems.

Rotation or seasonality or comments by a Presidential candidate or end of the nearly 2 years bull market?
Bear in mind, Fed would start to cut rate if they see evidence of impending severe economy slowdown or recession. Reducing rate is stimulating and hence slowing the slowdown (rhyme). Fed’s goal is price stability :slight_smile:

Or just rich valuations. That’s all that caused the '87 crash; nothing wrong with the economy back then. And the S&P P/E was about 22. 40% drop in a week.

Well now we know. There’s buzz all over the place - likely leaked to big money earlier in the day - that Biden will bow out. Which of course means the Dems might nominate someone who could actually win.

People install antivirus software precisely to prevent what’s happening today. Really ironic. Turns out a single point of failure is a very bad idea.

That said if people have been looking for an entry into CRWD now is not a bad time.

This is a point for debate. Want to trust CRWD? Or the issue is with MSFT Windows? I don’t think we get the full picture.