Today's Market May 2023

Finally one more bull.

“I definitely think they are done,” Jones said Monday on CNBC’s “Squawk Box” of the Fed’s rate-hiking campaign. “They could probably declare victory now because if you look at CPI, it’s been declining 12 straight months. … That’s never happened before in history.”

The longtime investor said the market setup right now is similar to mid-2006 before the global financial crisis, where stocks moved higher for over a year after the Fed stopped tightening monetary policy.

“Equity prices … I think they’re going to continue to go up this year,” Jones said. “I’m not rampantly bullish because I think it’ll be a slow grind.”

The sky is falling. Wait but there is more. Lol… Americans are sick and tired of being sick and tired. The economy will boom and inflation will become acceptable and slowly decline as it has for months. Glad I didn’t sell Nvda looks like it’s on a run…

Continues to :rocket:

1 Like

He got what he deserved by betting against America.

Never bet against America.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Still refuses to crack above 4200.

Two stocks suddenly :rocket:

TWLO
UPST

Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 12.57.32 PM
Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 12.57.45 PM

and SOFI :slight_smile:
Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 12.58.54 PM

:ok_hand:

1 Like

@Jil What is the impact of more T-bills on the market? Will these lead to a slow drop in the equity market over the next 2 months?

In a separate note, analysts at Bank of America recently said that would have an equivalent impact on the economy as a Federal Reserve rate hike of 25 basis points.

Bank of America fairly right on this, it may be short term treasury effect.

Still, I do not think both sides come to agreement, but they may agree to extend for 1-3 months and then finalize.( wild guess )

Anything can happen in politics!

I am full cash position with small SQQQ and QQQ puts.

1 Like

Growth stocks are alive. Good.

More like the influencers you are following are bearish :roll_eyes: Financial stocks always come alive at the late stage of a bear market to early bull market. Despite current ‘bank run’ scare, many financial stocks are :rocket: Make your own conclusion.

Disclosure: own SQ and SOFI

Mean reversion: Whatever corrected (if company survives), it reverts back

PACW

I bought 2 QQQ Nov put spreads too. Thanks @Jil

OMG! If market turns tomorrow ( very likely morning hours ), what will you do?

Sorry, what? expiration is in Nov - I have enough time (I think?) to exit. I see this as insurance for any short term drops.

1 Like

Too good, I was thinking to buy Oct 2023, but bought short term Jun 16,2023. Any way, I sold it today just profitable. Since rest are cash, no issue for me to protect if there is some slide.

Why I was strongly believed, last week, that market will be bearish? See here, how Red and Greens are setup and how severity is giving clarity.

Very likely market may jump one day tomorrow and then will further slide !

Nothing guaranteed, Staying away from market (cash mode) !

All are pre-planned, not depended on daily news!!

1 Like

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 12.40.21 PM
John: He is jumping to the left.
David: He is jumping to the right.
John and David can’t agree with each other.

John: He is jumping up.
David: He is jumping up.
John and David are happy they agree on one thing.

Events are neutral, you put meaning (interpret) to them.

To be profitable, esp for market, one must correctly interpret them!

Otherwise, even Warren buffet can not sustain !

1 Like

The consensus of the fed is moving, but they aren’t all aligned yet. They should align at no rate increases by the next meeting unless there’s a material change in the data.