Today's Market November 2022

My definition of pivot is U-turn, not likely to happen anytime soon, probably end 2023/ start 2024.

Traders are still thinking of an earning recession. We have experienced a valuation recession, next would be an earning recession. Btw, not my opinion, just parroting what I have read.

The definition of a pivot has itself pivoted. It actually doesn’t matter what the definition of “pivot” is in a dictionary or according to losers like Puru. If the market thinks the Fed is changing course it counts as a “pivot” to the market.

1 Like

I can accept this definition of “pivot” :+1:

Are you sure is what market is thinking now? Not short squeezing and covering?

Wait for mid Dec, CPI release and FOMC meeting. If CPI and core PCI decline + 0.5%, is all go :man_dancing:

So restrain your excitement.

S N A F U

When I predicted yesterday, there are plenty of mathematics and statistics involved that gives me an indication of market turnaround today.

How? I really do not know even though I programmed and using such mathematical functions!

Like I said, the upswing is 4 hours to 72 hours and when everyone is comfortable with market, it suddenly turns.

This market I do not believe now, real intention is to fool everyone (retailer).

4 Likes

Your algo has captured the intention of the market. Why is not important in trading, intention is :+1:

Truth :=> I do not know! I am still unable to believe (stunned by close!) how it predicts! I just posted here to check whether it is correct or not.

1 Like

This is why I am telling news/media is wrongly assigning (may be right reason) after the market action.

This is just computer program; it does not have any IQ to know the intention of the market.

When market wants to turn either side, it applies brake/pause to turn the side which my program somehow calculates! This is again my guess, but well experienced mathematician can provide me right explanation.

Journalists always prepare two versions :slight_smile: If goes up, one version get published. If goes down, the other version get published. Ofc, fill up the blank (reason) accordingly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Correct. The fill up the blank with right reason after the fact.

See here, what my program gives me. This tells me temporary peak (4hrs-72hours) reached.

Very likely, market will bring down tomorrow with some negative news. Market can still go up, but eventually comes down again !

(Nothing guaranteed! Do not take any action as I am unable to believe my own crystal ball!)

@Jil You predicted correctly. I thought the markets would go down because Powell would say that he would not back down from rate hikes. Still confused about that.

Yes, he said that, still market went up.

You know why? We were taught “For every market action there is a reason behind it”.

Daily basis, Millions of people see news/internet “why market is going down or up today?” News/media publishes convincing reason (after that fact) for every market actions.

We still believe “For every market action there is a reason behind it” => This is wrong on daily basis which is called fluctuation like ocean waves!

There is no reason behind it as daily fluctuations can be orchestrated/planned bullish/bearish.

1 Like

Agree with this. Start with RED tomorrow and may be some green later in the day. We may see some more GREEN towards end of this week (to cover shorts). Next Monday is RED. :slight_smile:

You are inspiring me to develop my deep learning system to predict this and also develop a low risk way to profit from these predictions given a success probability.

3 Likes

We are seeing signs of inflation cooling and this is all Powell cares. Also, need to consider the lag. Last year same time, we had peak inflation month-to-month. Given the trend we are seeing, we will see a positive CPI report early December, and we may see a short lived rally after that. Short lived because lots of folks are still heavily leveraged – with high interest rates, they will have to fold and close. This will cause some stock market shake-up / mild recession. Keep in mind that Crapto has not yet deflated – when this happens, we will see the real bottom. Till then enjoy the swings and one can benefit from this (say like @Jil 's prediction for short term trades)

2 Likes

Still unable to believe yesterday clue it gave! I am feeling missing that boat by close today as I did not believe my own system. May be some day, I may make use of it.

I have tried appx 25 or more Machine Learning codes available in GitHub or some research papers, they are not consistent. Anyone, who can do programming, start some logic and try to get market predictability. From what I know, all publicly available code, GitHub, research papers are not consistently reliable. Some well-known research scholars work like John Kelly Criterion, Fama-French etc. are reliable, but they are very high level.

Finding a reliable algorithm is a challenge, lot of work efforts involved. I spent many days, countless hours, 12-18 hours continuously coding past 5 years.

4 Likes

Coding is just an implementation problem and back testing doesn’t guarantee feature. Reliable algorithm and a strategy that can make money using that is the key. It is hard and takes time.

Imagine you find reliable code from public domain that predicts market movements with good accuracy. What’s gonna happen next? Keep it to yourself? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is this guy any credible to you all or he is just yet another perma bear?

This is accepted as true.

There’s anecdotal evidence from people with family members who died and it was attributed to Covid when they died of something else, and there are a handful of medical personnel that think it’s being done at their hospitals.

1 Like

Market is about to make a big move, up or down, … either Faceripper or JC is correct.

2 Likes

We’ve been coiling up the spring for awhile, but it’s not clear which direction it’ll release.