Trading wars impact

I choose optimism over pessimism. Definitely not good for my stocks

1 Like

If stock falls, economy corrects, job falls, real estate stabilizes from wild offers !

1 Like

Do you guys expect apple taking an eventual hit due to trading wars, since they do have huge presence in china with iphones & macbooks? Apple also has manufacturing there, so itā€™s not clear.

The Trump administration on Tuesday threatened to slap stiff tariffs on some $50 billion in Chinese imports across 1,300 categories of products, unveiling the most aggressive challenge in decades to Beijingā€™s trade practices.

The imports targeted for 25% levies range from high value-added goods such as medicines and medical equipment to intermediate goods like machine tools and chemicals, according to a release by the U.S. Trade Representative.

The list also includes some consumer goods such as dishwashers, televisions and automobile parts, but doesnā€™t include retail mainstays such as shoes, clothing, mobile phones and furnitureā€”products that might cause a U.S. consumer backlash should the tariffs push up prices at American retail outlets.

2 Likes

So a good hedge is apple, then. Also xiaomis ipo.

Shoes already have heavy tariffs and clothing has quota. That article seems very poorly researched.

1 Like

Not everybody is an importer :slight_smile:

China already puts tariff on iPhones. Thatā€™s why you read that article how some gangsters used drones to smuggle iPhones from Hong Kong into mainland China.

Apple should be safe from the current trade war.

1 Like

Source: U.S. Announces Tariffs on $50 Billion of China Imports - WSJ

If someone wrote an article on tariffs, isnā€™t it too much to ask for a little research first?

So Apple would benefit from the eventual zero tariff!!! Buy, hand over fist :+1:

China retaliates! Thatā€™s fast!

S&P futures down 1%. Nasdaq down 1.4%. It looks like itā€™s gonna ugly tomorrow. :scream:

China Hits Soybeans, Aircraft in Counter-Punch to Trump Tariffs

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-03/u-s-china-tariff-list-takes-aim-at-technologies-beijing-covets

Somehow it seems like market wants to go up, but decays slowly due to trumps actions.

unbelievable how FB couldnā€™t recover, when tesla is a green today.

Reversal of trend today. Market free fall is OVER.

Wearing your Dow 50k hat?

He is thinking of TSLA and AAPL.

04%20AM

1 Like

Not specifically but if you say soā€¦ :smile:

I know what you meant. Remember I like to talk cock. It does seem to have reverse. FOMOed bought 500 MUs and 100 PANW, they seem to be breaking up. These are the two stocks that I have the most confidence to be at least 3-5x after 5-10 years. MU is no longer the old boring commodity memory stockā€¦ might even be acquiredā€¦ is a strategic tech stock.

12%20AM

1 Like