Trading wars impact

Getting it from Amazon !

1 Like

:+1:

And I bought the “Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits” from Amazon too. I am old fashioned. I like reading paper books.

2 Likes

Available in iBooks. Bought long ago when manch first mentioned, yet to read it though :hugs: I hate to read books.

I like physical books as I am forced to read the books after purchase. PDFs, I wont’ move after 5 pages !

1 Like

You should get audiobooks.

I have audiobooks by audible (now acquired by AMZN) but forgot the username//password. Now can’t access any of the audiobooks that I had bought. Then Safari doesn’t has the feature to propose and store username/ password. In any case, I hate to listen for more than 5 mins :slight_smile: and read more than 1 page. Most of the time, I only want to know the outcome and conclusion, no need for long story about reasoning and background.

Any claims of freedom of Chinese media to report what they want diffferent from government version is not serious.

All news coming out of China about the economic situation in China during this trade war is govt approved and the 50 cent army along with the all media which is government controlled is part of this narrative.

At least in Iraq Baghdad Ali happened during a war.

1 Like

Ain’t that true for most nations :slight_smile:

No

So you are saying you have a better grasp of reality than people living inside China, and people who know Chinese reading the Chinese media?

1 Like

Why are you making this about me ? Is this some big super secret I am outing?

Should I make it about you now? :slightly_smiling_face:

You think no one reports what is actually going on inside China leaks it and is reported by free Media which only outsiders can access?

Yes.

If you are taking about the crackdown happening in Xinjiang now, yes, western media is more reliable.

If you are taking about normal day to day economic activity then no, reading the Chinese media in Chinese has no parallel.

That has to do with what western journalists are interested in covering, and that in turn is influenced by western readers. They are drawn to eye catching sensational events like xinjiang. Much less so in mundane small step reforms I talked about earlier.

So that’s the supply side of news. The demand side is just as important. How much do American readers actively seek out China related news? Versus a chinese person who sees nothing but Chinese news on social media, daily banter, TV etc? 90% of my chinese news diet just comes to me, in Chinese language, without me lifting a finger looking for it. Can you say the same about someone who only reads English? Yes, it may be all out there. Do you seek it out?

2 Likes

Just a quick search. I can find more things but I don’t have the time on this issue.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/china-pretending-like-trade-war-isnt-happening-185859742.html

dude it boggles my mind when you keep doing this… anyways… .

What’s the truth on trade war?

From our free world media :slight_smile:

https://rsf.org/en/ranking

Funny & I’m not talking about the nytimes article. :slight_smile: