Trading wars impact

Don’t be shy!

This is your genius at work! :smile::smile::smile:

“I’m doing deals, and I’m not being accommodated by the Fed,” Trump fumed on Tuesday in an interview with The Washington Post. “They’re making a mistake because I have a gut, and my gut tells me more sometimes than anybody else’s brain can ever tell me.”

I have a gut, and my gut tells me more sometimes than anybody else’s brain can ever tell me.”

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

That’s the scientific skills of your president. He thinks the US is a company he can bankrupt if his “guts” fail. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

There’s a saying “put your money where your mouth is”. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Navarro? Oh, another Latino. Somebody, somewhere doesn’t like them :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

U.S. stocks fell for the first time in four days as fresh trade anxiety outweighed a dovish shift by the Fed ahead of a highly anticipated sit-down between the U.S. and China. Treasuries rose, while the dollar dropped.

The S&P 500’s late rally faltered as speculation that President Donald Trump won’t be able to tamp down his trade spat with China at the G-20 meeting hurt sentiment. Tech firms that led Wednesday’s rally paced declines. Banks also fell as the 10-year Treasury yield held near its lowest level since September as Fed minutes appeared to signal the central bank is preparing for a more flexible path. Chairman Jay Powell sparked the biggest stock rally since March with dovish comments.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-28/stocks-gain-dollar-drops-on-powell-s-dovish-tilt-markets-wrap

We just need to impeach the moron.

Don’t play with knives & Don’t invest in the stock market with with CNBC as a guide :wink:

Chinese media reports Trump agreed to hold off additional tariffs.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-01/trump-opens-dinner-china-s-xi-with-truce-in-trade-war-at-stake?srnd=premium

Up on monday. buy now after hours :smiley:

Buy futures in SG.

Does it mean if no trade deal with China, the fentanyl will start coming in again? Xi literally is holding Americans as hostages? Mostly Trump voters too. :smile:

The problem with Fentanyl is that it has so many varieties. A small tweak in the molecule would evade any list of the banned substances while the variation remains as potent. And I don’t think China can help us solve the problem. As long as we are still willing to pay for these drugs, some places in the world will be a willing supplier. If not China, some other country or even a lab in some high school will do it.

We have to solve the problem on our own. Maybe legalize it as we did to marijuana? If we know what exactly is being snorted/injected into people’s bodies, at least the probability of overdose would reduce greatly.

pentazocine (1967), fentanyl (1968), butorphanol (1978), nalbuphine (1979), buprenorphine (1981), sufentanil (1984), alfentanil (1986), tramadol (1995) and remifentanil (1996)

They need to control them all…

Fentanyl is very active agent (let alone it’s derivatives). So it needs to be mixed very, very carefully as you only need a very small amount (e.g 0.03 mg) to be a heroin substitute. How many random drug dealers who buy over the internet can dilute it with this accuracy… Our only hope may be to provide this to addicts through a pharmacy

It means if Trump raises tariff to 25%, Fentanyl would enter USA. Otherwise, those who export Fentanyl would be hung. The very substantial import would be before or after 90 days of negotiation? The 90 days is to agree to a plan and an implementation schedule, right? The only agricultural, energy and industrial companies I have is DE, CAT and CVX :slight_smile:

Overall, I think it is a positive move that shows the willingness to comprise to a mid ground. Everybody is still rational and no mad man is destined to destroy the whole world including themselves.

China isn’t Canada or Mexico. It has a much bigger economy. On top of that, the centrally controlled economy is better at handling crisis than any other more democratic countries, for a short period of time at least. Trump didn’t seem to have fully prepared for the strong push backs from China. China is hurting, but nothing so far has been devastating.

This might have already been factored in in the stock market since WSJ reported this possible outcome a couple of days ago. Otherwise, it would send the market higher on Monday.

Another viewpoint

If I guess, the same status quo maintained further.

The one and only good thing is from Trump as he reduced the speed in the wake of losing house to Democrats.

He may stop with 10% tariff and will not extend to 25% even though he may come back/saying with 25% tariff later.

Now, he has to resolve 14000 lay offs of GM - which will have issues with his vote bank. The growth forecast for year 2019 is 16% from current 2018 of 21%.

There will be plenty of other issues coming soon with the pressure from FED rate, further companies will come up with some lay offs.

In short, domestic issues outweigh than international issues - going forward. Let us see how it goes.

Nasdaq futures surged 2% out of the gate.