Uber is doomed

FWIW: I almost exclusively ride Lyft rather then Uber, but recently have been using Uber Eats much more then the other delivery apps. Their UX, navigation, search, and scheduling is quite a bit better then other food delivery apps.

You need exercise. So stop using delivery :wink:

1 Like

Heh. My second kid was born late last year. So I am kinda homebound and grounded. Food delivery apps keeps everyone fed without any of us wasting time to go out to get food.

1 Like
1 Like

Still doomed?

It was already concluded that UBER will make a rise. See this discussion.

They’re doing some financial gymnastics to show rides is EBITDA positive. The growth rate is already under 20%. Eats is where all the growth is, and that’s a crazy competitive space that’s losing a lot of money.

3 Likes

I guesstimate UBER could be subsidizing the rides to the extent of 20-30%. They can cover this by reducing cost or raising the price.

1 Like

In the final phase of a regime, you see the most incompetent people occupying critical positions in government and bureaucracy. This news is a good example to look at.

I assume you are talking about the Trump administration.

1 Like

Trump is doing good. He is fighting big fishes like globalists, internationalists, FBI, CIA, Communists etc, unlike the rulers in California who are looking a way to tax the poor people like uber drivers. In case you do not know, 1099 provides better tax savings than W-2 that is why California is insisting on converting contractors into employees.

Even Uber and lyft joining the relentless stock Market rise

3 month old article but still relevant.

1 Like
1 Like

This cannot bode well for Uber and Lyft.

2 Likes

Stick a fork in Uber. They just sold off their autonomous driving business. The business they’ve admitted was the key to them being financially viable as a company. Now they really aren’t a tech company and are just a low margin services company.

3 Likes