Uber is doomed

I love Uber and 50% of journey I book taxi from Uber.

I have a feeling it might be a good company to revisit in six months when everyone who has to sell has sold. Hopefully by then they would have fixed, or at least figured how to fix, their business issues.

Can Uber come up with a good business model? That is one that can monetize riders. So far is a discounted model, can’t continue to subsidize the ride forever unless there are other source of revenue or somehow cost of ride is reduced drastically.

1 Like

My guesstimate is that the UBER rides will cost about 25-30% more if they were to be recouped from riders alone. Do you have the same sense?

FWIW: I almost exclusively ride Lyft rather then Uber, but recently have been using Uber Eats much more then the other delivery apps. Their UX, navigation, search, and scheduling is quite a bit better then other food delivery apps.

You need exercise. So stop using delivery :wink:

1 Like

Heh. My second kid was born late last year. So I am kinda homebound and grounded. Food delivery apps keeps everyone fed without any of us wasting time to go out to get food.

1 Like
1 Like

Still doomed?

It was already concluded that UBER will make a rise. See this discussion.

They’re doing some financial gymnastics to show rides is EBITDA positive. The growth rate is already under 20%. Eats is where all the growth is, and that’s a crazy competitive space that’s losing a lot of money.

3 Likes

I guesstimate UBER could be subsidizing the rides to the extent of 20-30%. They can cover this by reducing cost or raising the price.

1 Like