Uber is doomed

I’m okay with people not tipping. Just need to have more rides… Despite paying like shit, all the liabilities, etc, there are still too many drivers. Not staying busy enough outside of rush hour.

Drivers go get better jobs! Leave the peanuts for the really desperate ones.

Took Lyft and Uber many times. Most of them are part-timers. Retirees, extra pocket money (have day jobs), and unemployed (looking for jobs).

Same for taxi. In Singapore, age limits for taxi drivers are between 30-75. Not sure about Uber, Lyft and Grab.

Every company wants a slice of those financial service fees.

1 Like

I am wondering how do software startups be profitable if the cost of SWEs are so high. The competition for talented SWEs drive the spiraling RSU based compensation. Can these businesses ever be profitable GAAP wise?

1 Like

They won’t with their current employee counts. Instagram and WhatsApp has super low employee counts and massive user bases.

1 Like

I wonder what Uber comp is now that employees can sell, and it’s worth half the latest private round valuation.

1 Like

Cramer On Ride-Hailing Stocks: Bullish On Lyft, Not So Much On Uber

Have not taken Uber for ages, have used Lyft many times, is better :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

Lol, Vote of confidence in the future of the company

1 Like

Btw at current stock prices he has just @$1.35B in stock remaining with him, did I get the calculations right? Seems low.

I’m not sure. I haven’t followed his total holdings. I’m not surprised though given how much money they raised.

The article you posted reports the following:

The latest sale leaves the 43-year-old entrepreneur with fewer than 45 million shares in the company.

Stock worth= 0.045Billion*$30=$1.35B

1 Like

Larger point is Kalanick has sold almost 50% of his ownership in Uber recently. He must be super pumped about the stock/company going forward… :smile:

1 Like

He could just be bitter about getting fired too. I don’t see how it finds a bottom now that lockup expired.

2 Likes