Uber is doomed

In the final phase of a regime, you see the most incompetent people occupying critical positions in government and bureaucracy. This news is a good example to look at.

I assume you are talking about the Trump administration.

1 Like

Trump is doing good. He is fighting big fishes like globalists, internationalists, FBI, CIA, Communists etc, unlike the rulers in California who are looking a way to tax the poor people like uber drivers. In case you do not know, 1099 provides better tax savings than W-2 that is why California is insisting on converting contractors into employees.

Even Uber and lyft joining the relentless stock Market rise

3 month old article but still relevant.

1 Like
1 Like

This cannot bode well for Uber and Lyft.

2 Likes

Stick a fork in Uber. They just sold off their autonomous driving business. The business they’ve admitted was the key to them being financially viable as a company. Now they really aren’t a tech company and are just a low margin services company.

3 Likes

marketing company? The one that matches buyers with sellers?

I see it as a contracting firm.

Curious to read this article as I know people who work at Cloud Kitchens - anyone have access?

2 Likes

Load it in Safari and click the “reader” button immediately.

“Always be hustlin’”

“Big bold bets”

“Super pumped”

“Champion’s heart”

Many of the catchphrases were exactly the same — in some cases word for word — as those that became famously radioactive during Kalanick’s turbulent and controversial reign at Uber. Now they were being recycled.

“It was the elephant in the room – everyone was thinking about it,” said a source who was at the executive meeting. “Why didn’t you even change some of them?” the source recalled thinking.

“Visual cues, like “No Quinoa” T-shirts worn by Kalanick loyalists, reinforce a hard-knock culture that frowns on coddled techies”

i don’t know if I could ever work for a place where quinoa wasn’t welcome. :exploding_head: totally kidding. BUT these poor non PC tech bros need to work somewhere, either here or Coinbase. :wink:

Does it have outside investors or is he the only one backing it? If VC firms back him, they are screaming as loud as possible they only care value money and not how women are treated.

It’s mostly Saudi money…so they don’t care how women are treated either…

Kalanick bought out the startup’s investors, took over as CEO, and rebranded as CloudKitchens, though the original name remains as the parent company. He reportedly plowed in $300 million from his Uber fortune and later brought in just one investor: Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund, which stuck by his side during the Uber fiasco.

3 Likes

Link without paywall

1 Like

Shares of Uber fell as much as 8 percent while Lyft dived as much as 12 percent. Doordash fell nearly 9 percent and Grubhub was down 3.3 percent.

1 Like