Uh Oh....The Layoffs Begin

See here, someone dump headed coming to this blog (claiming worked 20 years in fortune 500) and saying every large company in USA (like AAPL, AMZN, MSFT, GOOGL) he can reduce 50% without affecting operations. He is quoting Elon for taking off Twitter.

This is utter ridiculous, and this dump headed thinks everyone is fool except himself. He is actually half-baked (50%) knowledge and claims everything 50%.

He will claim he make any building half the cost or half the workers. Like that this half-baked claim all nonsensical dialogue and we still try to be calm!

This is the height of nonsense! He does not have any clue about company operations.

He is a fool by himself and fooling everyone here with half-baked knowledge.

1 Like

Hearing you, the only thing I can say is you should go back to your cave or your parents basement. You are a disgrace @Jil.

Guys, please keep the tone of discussion civil.

1 Like

Be civil or you might end up like Holmes. How many in SV are total frauds. I have met a few

Her sentence of 11 years is a remarkable outcome for a startup executive buoyed by Silicon Valley’s fake-it-until-you-make-it culture, in which a founder’s vision and bravado are often the biggest draws of attention and money. Over the years, some have defended Ms. Holmes as no different from her startup founder peers who make the occasional exaggerated sales pitch.

6 Likes

They also offered voluntary separation to people. It wasn’t clear how many were offered. I bet the number of layoffs will depend on how many accept the voluntary offer.

1 Like

while I agree Holmes is terrible, I think her sentence is harsh because she is a woman. I hope SBF’s sentence is 4x, since he lost people 10x the amount of money.

2 Likes

according to blind the voluntary separation agreement sucked - you had to give up vesting, the bonus was dropped instead you got the severance. My guess is many people aren’t going to take it

Skilled people jump away with voluntary separation.

Those who are in the list, they will be in future lay off list if they do not accept voluntary.

The benefits of voluntary May be better than lay off .

When my old company offered voluntary separation, with minimum one year pay in advance, almost all 7000 offered were accepted.

I just took, got one year pay ( not Amazon ) joined another company with similar pay. It all depends on separation package.

2 Likes

Things are going as what Fed wants. Spreading talents to other companies. Remember that IT professionals are not only needed in new tech businesses but also traditional businesses. Cash rich mega caps and high profile growth companies have been hoarding them.

Many years ago, right? Still in C…, right.

No, year 2020 I took voluntary. C gave one year free separation money on last day. They gave such check in 2000, then 2008 and 2020.

I sold all homes, almost same time, to get rid of all loans to be financially free.Decided no more risk with real estate.

Worked on my own software system to make it perfect and reliable, after separation.

Then joined in New York based medical research related company as permanent WFH. I just got that job within 3-4 weeks of separation.

The benefit is C gave all corporate finance knowledge as I worked in general ledger system.

The current company gives all medical research knowledge. No daily 2 hour driving!

6 Likes

:+1:

I was puzzled why you know so much about MRNA and BNTX :slight_smile: Both stocks are doing well.

I knew about MRNA and BNTX before joining the medical research company. One close relative is a Doctor, explained in detail what is MRNA technology. Then, I read about that details.

Remember this: INNOVATION makes big money. These two companies use software like a sniff dogs. Using one strand of virus, they use computer modeling to find possible fixes and test them. Company MRNA found this covid vaccine just in 2-3 days of getting one sampl,that is height of medicinal research.But took one year for approval (so much strict scrutiny - good for people).

Now, they are financially free, but have 20+ patented research work on cancers. Every success hit will take them new height.

I learnt from QCOM, when I did not accept that offer and when the stock jumped from $2 to $980!

2 Likes

I am sick and tired of all the lies and hype from SV. Steve Jobs was notorious. So is Musk. But it seems part of the culture of people thinking they are smarter than non technical folks. The valley uses their own newspeak to confound confuse and basically lie about their products and services. It is why I rarely invested in tech and stayed with RE. Of course now in a down market a lot of fraudsters are being exposed. The whole crypto meme meta virtual world is ripe with hype and fraud.

Of course now we have our own resident hypster fraud and firebrand rock throwing troll on our forum. Manch keeps him on for the entertainment value. But this forum used to be a lot more civil without him. Otherwise we may end up like https://patrick.net/

3 Likes

1 year severance is very very generous. Personally never been in a company that generous. If I ever get it, I’ll take it on the spot. Because, I am confident I’ll find another job in max 3 months :smiley:

3 Likes

That’s pretty crazy. at that point, they should just employ you another 9 months :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just realized the article is from 2016 lol. Whelp, history certainly repeating itself as layoffs are here!

1 Like
1 Like

Just remember that those were the cream of the crop. They’re probably average at any other company.

Exactly. They should go to companies like WMT as big fish rather than staying in GOOG as ikan bilis. Spread the talents throughout the nation and to all companies.