Uh Oh....The Layoffs Begin

The right word for it is FORCED RANKING.

Forced ranking is part of life. Customers do it to companies, and then companies do it to their employees. Circle of life keeps turning.

1 Like

1 Like
1 Like

We currently have the laziest most unproductive workforce in history … and they all want a raise. They don’t show up. Come late leave early are all stoned and are uneducated. As far as construction labor… they are worthless unless they are at least 50. Skilled plumbers electricians and carpenters are almost non existent.

4 Likes

Americans have a huge influence on behavior of people in other parts of the world. If USA goes this way, you can expect many nations will follow. This is not good.

1 Like

There’s already a record amount of robotics being purchased by restaurants. The trend is only going to accelerate. Then we’ll hear cries about how robots took all the jobs, and we need UBI.

Restaurants are so bad, I would rather stay home. It is amazing what people will pay for bad service and crappy food. Starbucks is a classic example. And they wonder why their valuation is so low compared to McDonald’s which arguably has the worst food on the planet. What is wrong with Starbucks management. Don’t they know how much money they could make if they had decent food instead of the vending machine level quality crap they have now.
What is really amazing is the cost of bar drinks. I bet a lot of young people just smoke pot in the parking lot. $20 for a drink is nuts.

2 Likes

I do not praise or criticize. Laying off people is a business decision and we all should respect that.

1 Like

I remember years ago when they bought LeBoulanger. They were supposed to use that acquisitions o upgrade their food. I have no idea what they did with it.

This is why Starbucks sucks … they basically serve left overs

All the food items arrive frozen

If you order a breakfast sandwich, it won’t be the one in the display case… but it’ll look just like it. … In 2016, Starbucks dealt with a Listeria-related recall where they voided sandwiches distributed in March that had an expiration date six months later in August.Apr 5, 2016

All they need is to the use Subway model. Just make their bread and rolls fresh. Same with the meats and eggs. Need to be served fresh. Simple solution.

2 Likes

Well…Subway used to serve a seafood salad sandwich which was mostly Pollock. Really good, like crab meat.
They don’t serve that anymore. I know why.
The sickest I’ve been this century was Covid in August and Subway’s seafood salad sandwich in 2005. Both featured the same feeling of your entire body having been poisoned and the time to complete, 100% recovery was about the same at 3-4 weeks. At least you don’t get the heaves and runs with Covid.

1 Like

The drama continues

1 Like

What does taking time of mean in such cases?

it means he is going to realize that he would like to spend more time with family and in a few weeks, step back from the role announcing that is what wants to do. :rofl:

4 Likes

I think he will do all right but the way Mr Garg was demonized for firing employees go against the grain of a capitalist society. Very sad.

1 Like

Companies can manage their finances, resources, and layoffs. But there are right and wrong way to manage layoffs.

The manager of each fired/laid off employee should have held individual meetings. Not a mass Zoom meeting.

1 Like