Ultimate Guide To find Perfect Roommate

Many people who don’t desireto rent an apartment alone are not sure how to find a roommate they’ll live with. There are compelling reasons for wanting to live with a roommate. A roommate will offer companionship, convenience and savings - you’ll split the rent and utilities). However, if you’re not careful, roommates may produce issues.

Chicago apartment for rent

Moving towards a brand new city is actually hard enough, but plus to it attempting to seek out a decent person to share a comparatively small space—it’s enough to form a person simply come in their parents’ basement and hibernate.

According to U.S. Census information, roughly twenty five percent of Chicago’s folks are between twenty and thirty-nine, which means a quarter of the city’s population is in their prime roommate needing years. With the typical rent for a two-bedroom coming in at $1800 and a one-bedroom at $1400, you’ll save a reasonably penny by splitting a two-bedroom apartment with a roommate. Somehow, increase that the cable, internet, and utility bills you’d be sharing and therefore the savings can add up quickly!

Here are some tips and tricks to assist you find a great friend for your Chicago apartment.

Deciding whether you want a Roommate:

First things first! Before you act trying to find the right roommate, you would like to make your mind up whether having a roommate is actually what you would like. There are solid reasons to live with roommates, however there also are strong arguments for living alone.

Finding the right Roommate:

Many people who don’t want to rent an apartment alone are not certain a way to realize a roommate they will live with. Reciprocally for a bit time and effort, you’ll confirm that sharing an apartment with another person seems to be a positive and satisfying expertise for each you and your roommate.

Advertise on-line:

to Websites like Craigslist, Padmapper, Roomie Match, Roomster will assist you notice the proper roommate for you. Such sites enable you to make a profile or post an ad seeking out a roommate to satisfy your desires.

Source https://geteasymove.com/blog/tips-how-to-find-a-roommate-for-an-apartment-in-chicago

I also encountered obstacles in this field when I started my college years. Then, I stumbled upon some genuine tips for finding a reliable roommate that actually works! I established my set of priorities, such as cleanliness, lifestyle habits, noise tolerance, and compatibility. I also wrote a detailed profile about myself, including habits, interests, and expectations. I was honest about my lifestyle and mentioned all the deal-breakers. First, I asked my friends, family, or colleagues if they knew of anyone looking for a roommate. Without proper results, I posted on Roomsurf. A lengthy process of screening commenced to get to know them better. I asked about their daily routine, lifestyle, and preferences. We also covered expectations regarding bills, cleaning, and shared responsibilities. Soon, I ended up with the best roomie ever!

You might want to check this out.