Umbrella Insurance Recommendation

For those who have umbrella insurance, would you recommend the insurance company you use. I like to get some quotes.

I have Geico for umbrella. The surprising thing with Geico was that they did not raise the rates at renewal. For past 13 years, my premium went up only 13%. That was 13% total increase in 13 years; not annual. And that included additional rentals added to policy.

However, this year, my premium increased 35%. I suspect I’m still not overpaying. But I want to get some quotes for comparison.

I hope this is not a new trend, like my property insurance, which go up 8-12% annually. Every couple years I have to get quotes for comparison shopping.

1 Like

I use AllState and have all polices with them. They require minimum coverages on auto and home owner’s, but it makes the umbrella policy cheaper. I think it’d’ be a pain and more expensive to use a different company. I my renewal was back in April with no increase.

It might be time to shop all of your policies as a bundle.

Mine is with State Farm. I too have all my insurances with them so I got a bit of a discount.

I haven’t made any claims on my umbrella policies though in my 10+ years with them. IMO the most important thing about insurances is that there aren’t any gotchas when you made claims. Do not know if State Farm if any good in that regard. On the auto side they are very good.

I had a claim with State Farm. They were great to work with and didn’t raise my rates.

Thanks for feedback. Time to do some comparison shopping.

In general, I believe Geico, State Farm and AllState don’t have a good reputation for claims as far as auto insurance. I always see USAA and Amica rated highly for home and auto claims. I have never had to make a claim so far nor have had insurance with these two.

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-insurance/best-car-insurance-companies-a8534720090/

@jk88cal

Do you have any rentals ? Are they >4 ?.how much Umbrella is Geico offering …they are one of the cheapest if you qualify …RLI and some others mentionhed here are good options