Under contract

Exactly, There’s some stuff I’d like to do, but I know it wouldn’t create the return. Fortunately, I can do about 90% of stuff myself. The only thing I won’t touch is copper plumbing or gas lines. The cost of failure is really high, and unless you solder that stuff every day it’s not worth it.

1 Like

So far we’ve added(aside from new appliances):

• Hardwood floors throughout house.
  • Gas line
  • Water line to refrigerator
  • A higher capacity kitchen vent with larger diameter exhaust pipe to roof
  • New bathroom cabinets + double vanity sinks(in 1 bathroom)
  • Garden work
  • Standalone Pantry

Total cost around $20K. 70% of the cost for the flooring.

1 Like

There will be a lot of garden work. They did a natural landscape and clearly didn’t realize how big things would grow. I want to get a machete and go to town on it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tools from home depot… and you’re good to go :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of course, you used a Panasonic Whisper fan right???

It’s better to do upgrades before you move in. It would be a huge mess to change to wood floor after moving in.

I think it’s worth the money to update nicely and only move on when it’s all done.

Clarification : It was a Range hood.

yepp thats what we did i.e. did it before moving in.

Of similar opinion for infrastructure type of re-modeling. Too much hassle after moving in. The advice to stay for awhile before upgrading is meant for first-time buyer especially those who have been staying with their parent, and have not been renting on their own.

No, no, I was thinking bathroom since you did change the cabinets so maybe also changed to a really quiet Panasonic fan. Best one around…

1 Like

Nobody installed those fancy Japanese toilets that shoot water up your ass? Cmon!

Did you install that in your home?

I am a cheapskate. Sadly no.

One of my friends did. He said it was the best investment ever.

1 Like

Where did he buy his? I am tempted.

Not sure. He probably got it online from Lowe’s because he hated Home Depot.

A guy likes that? :slight_smile:

Guys who value clean asses.

Dude, sometimes even guys want that fresh feeling, you know…

That friend is kind of sleazy so he probably needs to stay refreshed to keep on womanizing.

1 Like