Update On Housing Market

Yes the same is happening in the US. But the Bay Area real estate market is dominated by techies. How much will tech companies be impacted? I really don’t know. Anyway a sharp recession seems unavoidable now that we are effectively closing down the entire service economy.

I think I’m more worried about people being on house arrest and not wanting to go out to even look at houses. If non-essential services shut down how will people even be able to move? I feel like purchasing could easily come to a halt overnight.

2 Likes

I assume renters will stop paying rent if unemployed. The government has created one huge mess. I doubt if thereis a plan to bring us back from economic collapse. When food gets scarce there will be riots. Shutting down the whole economy seems way worse than the virus.

That is what I am most worry about. More so than me getting infected. Making a few pretty penny is the last thing on my mind. Amaze that a few capitalists see $ seemingly not aware that their life might be in the line.

start buying seed and grow vege in backyard. Single Family rules.

By “vege” you meant weed? :thinking:

Weed is a good business right now. People have nothing to do and the bars are closed. Hard to capitalize on a stock type investment. But the dispensaries are doing well. My friend Cody Bass is making a killing with Tahoe’s only dispensary.

Dispensary is essential business I heard and could stay open during lockdown.

Plenty of illegal dealers making big bucks too. Shutting the dispensaries would be counter productive

1 Like

https://media-exp1.licdn.com/dms/image/C5622AQGfm7hp_IvVJA/feedshare-shrink_800/0?e=1587600000&v=beta&t=VA0fKY-ghTWKFzZg5HqNJ1SOcYv2CPSEe9UHnboou4k

1 Like

47 is the new 30

3 Likes

Scary stuff

Some lenders cancelling loan after lock.

if persists, real estate drops as there is no buyers. 2008 issue lack of funding sources result price drop.

1 Like

Look like RE will be hit hard. How low will it go? 2017 prices? 2016 prices? I think would bottom at 2016 prices … wag🤗

1 Like

The free market will be able to resolve this issue. Govt should step out and stop distorting the market. Question: Will these mega drops in home prices occur only in California or in other states as well? how does it appear in Austin, another market that saw some big appreciation?

Didn’t check with my agent. Redfin shows many houses closed on Mar 27 at great prices. Currently is in lockdown till Easter, so no showing of houses.

1 Like

First time I am hearing about biggerpockets…Any one already used/know about this site? Gives some tips about rental home managements.

1 Like

I think BiggerPockets is mostly crap. Lots of noise but some nuggets here and there (maybe like here lol). There are many investors focused on “Number of Doors” aka units and dislike HCOL places .

1 Like