Vallco Town Center (SB35) Impact on Cupertino and Nearby RE

My younger one should stay 9 more years.
Do you know their timeline?

I don’t really know their timeline. But building anything in Bay Area takes really long time.

2 Likes

Right.
That means all financial burdens to CUSD residents.
CUSD runs at tight buget relying on state fund. Not even financially independent like PA, LA and MV. Why? Because families with kids do prefer CUSD. I don’t think they can afford to build any new middle/high school. My best hope is proper extension of current campus.

Anyway, all i want to hear is reasonable plan on burden on schools. Not necessarily against development itself. I agree that we should accept any necessary compromise to accomodate enough housing if more people wants to move here.

Those new families moving into Vallco would bring in a lot of property tax. Maybe city can put Mello Roos on the new units to fund new schools?

I hope city and school district can come up with such plan soon.

Timeline: Here is another useful article with more details. It says the City has to approve it within 180 days of filing, roughly end-September 2018. I’ve read somewhere that Sand Hill then has 3 years to build it ( I take it to mean “start”, not “finish” building).

1 Like

Interesting comments so far, thanks everyone.

My take is that “investors” remain positive about Cupertino RE outlook.

For residents, how schools cope with the influx is a main concern.

I don’t know enough to predict Vallco’s impact on Cupertino RE going forward. But the projected traffic and school issues have made it less attractive to me. I currently also live and have kids in the area, and was originally planning to buy and live in the area. Now, I am leaning elsewhere.

1 Like

If what @Feyn said represents the feeling of a fair number of buyers, Cupertino real estate may sell at a discount for the next few years. :thinking:

I think the MVHS area is already selling at a discount, right @hanera?

Less competition for you guys :grinning:

What puts me off most is probably traffic, just the thought of additional thousands of cars clogging the area makes it intolerable. Want to stay farther away from the traffic…

If price hike is called “Discount”, then Cupertino real estate may sell at a discount :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I dont know of too many places in South Bay that don’t have traffic. It’s everywhere now. More traffic == more desirability.

2 Likes

Vallco is right off 280. You can literally walk to the 280 exit. I think traffic impact will probably be fairly minimal, if your house is not anywhere close to Vallco itself.

But I am curious to think about the implication for Cupertino RE. Putting on my thinking face… :thinking:

You have recently noticed Wuqijun is focusing on Lynbrook and Cupertino school district.

There is no hype about Cupertino, but Vallco Mall area is walk able distance to new Apple complex, just crossing 280 bridge.

If there is a 10k lot, for sure, I will jump in if I have not got a home by then. I am also submitting (most likely) an offer by Wednesday/Thursday trying my luck.

If there is any DIP by Vallco Mall, it is best to buy at DIP.

Traffic to/from schools will be going the other direction (away from 280), into the smaller feeder streets, Tantau, Miller, Stevens Creek, etc. It will be gridlock during rush hour.

Yes, include Bolligner, Mc Cleallan and De Anza too. 100% correct.

Agree with Jil and druid, this will be attractive to Apple Park employees, ironically due to the worse traffic.

Isn’t that already the case though? I guess it’ll just get worse.

It’s not too bad currently, traffic still flows in the area.

Discount to West Sunnyvale especially those along Plymouth Dr.

2 Likes

Vultures :bird: like @wuqijun and @hanera are licking their lips right now…