Vallco Town Center (SB35) Impact on Cupertino and Nearby RE

They do not need to be FUHSD as they are step away from Apple new complex. It will be 100% rented and I have seen that always high rent and occupied.

My sisters kids were in a high achieving high school that practically stole their childhood from them. While some of the homework that was assigned was necessary other portions of it was just busywork.

2 Likes

MVHS? Easily get homework done in school before going home. So can play video games at home all day long. Did she send her kids to music classes, swimming class, leadership class, DECA, drink BOBA tea, 3 AP courses per year, etc?

Unfortunately, busywork is the opposite of a high achieving school… That’s a high-homework school :frowning:

No, it was in the Chicago area where I am from.

Project moving forward.

1 Like
1 Like

“According to the sales pitch, the new housing units would include low-income high-density housing apartments,” said one Cupertino resident at Tuesday night’s meeting. “This would mean that we would have uneducated people living in Cupertino. A lot of other residents and I are concerned that this would make the current residents of Cupertino uncomfortable, and would split our city in half.”

Need those guys to be helpers in restaurants, groceries, etc. Is a good thing. That resident might be staying too close for comfort :slight_smile:

Read a theory saying industrial revolution happened in Britain but not other European countries because British workers were more expensive. So factory owners were motivated to replace them with machines.

A side benefit of super high housing costs in SV could be that we will pioneer the next wave of robotic restaurants. Order from iPads and have robots cook your dishes.

Amazon’s no cashier stores is a big step in that direction.

I want a sex robot and a resident robotic cook :grinning:

I wonder if this person is real Cupertino resident or not. If yes, I don’t know what to say… (Although I will be affected by this decision positive or negative, I am not resident of Cupertino. I should be glad that I am not…). Didn’t this person know such comment only weakens their argument?

good article:

https://outline.com/U3ZPSC

Looks like both parties have agreed to a better deal (similar to what was agreed to 2 years back) then the SB35 proposal. I hope the better cupertino NIMBYs don’t keep digging and screw the city further by suing (city stands to lose $14M to schools plus expense of fighting the lawsuit if they sue)

Frankly, as long as they don’t put more students over healthy capacity at my kids’ school, i don’t mind. However, what CUSD/FUHSD would do with thousands of new kids is still not clear to me.
At my kids school, 5th grade class size is 33 for 1 teacher. That is actually higher than what state ed department requires. Classroom is also very tiny for 33kids. CUSD/FUHSD has been only worrying about decreasing enrollment but what i am seeing every year is more crowded classrooms. Not sure where this discrepancy come from and hence can’t trust school district’s claim on “decreasing enrollment hence we need more kids”.

Maybe people from out of town are attending school thru fake residency

2 Likes

so there on average 41 kids per 100 households

(edit: can’t do math in my head. had to redo with calculator)
I expect this number is lower for the Bay Area considering demographics and shrinking birth rate here. Even assuming 41, and let’s say we evenly distribute it over 18 years that works out about 55 kids in each age year for the 2400 households planned to be built.

I know of a couple of friends who rented apartments in CUSD so that their kids could go to homestead high and so forth… That probably contributes somewhat (transient rental population) that rents (even when owning primary) to be able to send kids to the school district

I know Hillsborough schools got overloaded with out of town people using their relatives addresses

1 Like