Vancouver Market

I have been to vancouver just once, and it felt like a much better city than SF is. I have been following the market for about 2-3 years out of curiosity. The “0.3% drop” in january seemed like a red herring (and it’s almost like noise at that level), but thoughts?

Vancouver is for people who already have money to retire, not for young people who want to make some. Avoid.

3 Likes

I am not interested in going to canada, not yet :slight_smile:

I agree with Manch. It’s crazy expensive there. There are even fewer rules on foreign buyers so rich HKers snap up tons of properties. Makes bay area look like the Central Valley prices, especially when the CAD was strong against the USD.

1 Like

I don’t see the allure of Vancouver at all. It is fake China.

I don’t mind Vancouver but it lacks the excitement and dynamism of the Bay Area. On the other hand it doesn’t have needles and feces on the streets so I can see the appeal there. :smile:

So I’m qualified :thinking: Will assess this Summer :smirk:

Lol

Should put in crypto instead @hanera :wink:

1 Like

Huawei executive arrest could impact Vancouver real estate prices: Barron’s

1 Like

Apparently a fair number of Amazon employees own property in the Vancouver area. Weekend places in Whistler are popular.

1 Like

Lululemon founder was reported as bearish on B.C. real estate, but not for the Huawei reason.

Funny you mention this @marcus335. I have many friends who used to live in Squamish and Whistler who are now selling and moving to Pemberton and the Sunshine Coast.

Squamish - what used to be a bit of a ghetto - is now too expensive!! Madness.