Want A SV Lot? It Will Cost You $15M For An Acre

One acre in Tahoe just sold for $250k. Planned for 8 condos

Pfft. You can get lots for cheaper in Atherton.

$5.25 for 1.66 Acres. Save the rest for private schooling:

Plus some of the properties are only going for $10M right now, and you can keep the house.

1 Like

Selby is the cheap seats In Atherton. Atherton ave and nearby is where the prime development is.
That Selbyhouse was staged. Curious. I wonder if the buyer even looked inside

1 Like

I find that when many fools buy in some place, eventually all those fools will make each other happy. Early fool is better than later fools as long as more fools are coming

Restating the greatest fool theory?

Not exactly. This is about being the pioneer to an edgy neighborhood and other people follow you. “Fool” really mean “pioneer” here

I was gonna say exactly this. If you want large lot, atherton is the bomb. They are not subdividable (some parts of MP same) so they are cheap.

1 Like

And because everyone has undividable acre lots, the traffic will never become that bad… And close to Palo Alto.

The down side is there is no business. No place to walk down to grab a quick bite.
But who needs a restaurant when you can bbq all day long!

1 Like

If you can afford a $15M house, you can afford to get food delivered or to send your butler out to get it. :slight_smile:

That said, they probably go eat in Menlo Park. Plenty of restaurants down there. The Southern parts of Atherton would in fact be walkable to the downtown.

Or you can ride your horse.

Though I’ve never seen anyone do that.

Actually, if you’re near Selby Lane/El Camino, you can walk to the Jack in the Box and the McDonalds/KFC/Ohana Burgers.

I can see why the southern part of Atherton costs more :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: horse. If you have a horse, and need food, you can probably eat the horse too :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh dear. You’ve been watching too many apocalypse movies!

my ancestors probably enjoyed horse meat :slight_smile: