We Are in Bear Market

I am getting wyze (xiaomi). and will write small code to stream it to google cloud :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well you can use the Yi app to access the flash on your camera and play it back. Have not tried to connect directly (not sure even how) to access the stored files

1 Like

manch is on a campaign to redeem himself.

Goog is already below 200-day SMA, expect to have death cross.
Amzn has yet to break below 200-day SMA, expect to happen 2mrw.

Without DD just reading journalists’ comments, it seems their core biz are matured/ saturated, wildcats are not yet profitable.

1 Like

AAPL is close to correction too. :smiling_imp:

If AAPL goes into correction, then recession would follow :slight_smile: Don’t wish for the wrong thing.

3 Likes

AAPL 52wk high = 233.47

90% of that is 210.12

Now it’s at 216.35. :smiling_imp:

I understood the quality of ARLO service, but choose Nest for better quality, seamless integration and service.

Quality comes with expensive product, but trusting google quality. The subscription is cheap at $10/month for first next cam, thereafter it is $5/month. Monthly, we pay $40 to google which is not an issue.

This is why it’s lucrative. 10$ + 5$/camera is actually rather steep, and adds up really quickly. That’s why i will probably roll my own.

We have been paying more amount to ADT. Now, we cut short ADT to minimum and added google nest service. Ultimately, we pay same amount, but google cloud storage subscription. We consider this essential home service and security.

did you get yale lock as well? that’s what i want the most.

after hours losses erased the gains in the day.

1 Like

Need to look long term. A day’s gain isn’t going to take you anywhere. Not even a year’s gain.

I guess you should be glad it only has 800,000 subscribers, since you’re pay $49 for content and charging $40 for it. It’s creating a whole $384M/yr in revenue and losing money.

“The one way in which YouTube does reportedly hope to buck the trend is through ads. As the report suggests that YouTube plans on increasing ad revenue in a number of ways including offering premium ad access to its standard YouTube option as well as to YouTube TV.”

The strategy is to lose money on the subscription and make money on ads.

losing money is boring news. you should be consistent in what you think is losing money, and what is money thrown in trash.

yt tv is not creating content, and yt prime or hwatever failed at original content.
cable companies almost own the content creation (right? i might be wrong). So we are the service provider there.

It’s all about user time, for ads, sub-diversifying user hours for ads is still a good idea. What’s your favorite company FB doing :slight_smile:

You said it’s subscription revenue not ad revenue, but the subscription revenue doesn’t even cover the cost. It’s structurally unprofitable without ad revenue, so it’s dependent on ad revenue.

FB isn’t paying others for content then charging less money for a subscription to it. Their content is free.

well it’s both. sure you are right, i did say that.

fb content is “users”. big difference.

Home_Ext_wall

We want to , but we can not fix as the outer wall has stones, hard to replace/drill without taking the stones.

I did not catch what you mean.