We Are in Bear Market

Spectacular!

Did you short AMD?

Sell all chip stocks, NOW. Panic sell please.

13%20PM

27%20PM

38%20PM

They say it’s the Nasdaq fall is the worst since 2011. This is the chart from 2011:

The chart now:

AMD sold @28-30

1 Like

Already did.

1 Like

Is NFLX falling more than others due to Apple streaming service news?
+P/E high
+High debt

Thoughts??

1 Like

Funny thing is the trade war fears should be gone now(except China).
Economy I don’t see any big issues short term…
hmmm…

2 Likes

If earnings disappoint, that’s a real economic issue.

Is chip revenue problem related to China and trade war?

I have been expecting this to happen. The only thing is I don’t know Hastings, is he as charismatic as Elon Musk? So far, he transited NFLX to streamlining from DVDs very well. He may be able to do so in the increasingly hyper competitive environment. If that is the case, NFLX is cheap now. But I don’t know, just like I told Jil I don’t know TSLA/ Elon so didn’t buy like a mad man when it is trading around $250s.

1 Like

@wuqijun is a mad man?

1 Like

Nothing is good in terms of stock picking right now. They all go downhill

So when will you be buying back the TRIO: AMD, NVDA, MU

High P/E s will have high volatility… except TSLA seems to have bucked the trend :question:

Because WS is shorting ETFs and retail investors are liquidating mutual/ hedge funds. Everything would be down, so is time to pick the right stocks that got thrown out with water.

1 Like

After they stabilize, trade in a narrow band on low volume. We are far from there.

2 Likes

From recent highs…
S&P is only down 6.5%
NasDaq down 12.5%

Bear Market definition is -20%

So, IF bear market can go long ways :sweat:

2 Likes

Tell me when you start to nibble. Need to build a portfolio of these AI stocks :slight_smile: Future is good though is not good now.

There are some warning signs in economy. This morning’s new home sales is weak, and has been weak for a while. Overall housing market is weak. On top of that trade war is going from bad to worse with no end in sight.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the definition for the whole market, which is weighed by each company’s market cap. If you look at individual sectors and stocks some are already deep in bear market. Like the homebuilders.

1 Like