Weather People Just Don't Know Jack

I do not recall anyone remotely predicting the crazy rainy season we all had here in Cali…no one!!!

1982-3 and 1992 were both drought busting winters comparable to this one…Experts cant even predict short term weather…How can they predict climate change…These climatologists are the Kim Kardashians of science. .attention seeking whores. …Dont know shit from Shinola…1% chance of a drought buster year …bullshit. .looks like every 10 years we have the rain of the century. …Civil engineers like me me should take back science from the global warmer charlatans. .Just design dams and storage for our unpredictable weather and stop whinning. …In fact we have a drought every year from May till October…

And what about the fools that predicted monster hurricanes coming forever…In fact big hurricanes have been on hiatus for the last 12 years

1 Like

The models using CO2 level to predict temperature increase broke about 2 decades ago. Do people not remember the 70’s when scientists were predicting another ice age that would destroy huge parts of civilization? There’s an entire industry that’s livelihood depends on predicting some sort of climate doom. Is it any surprise they always predict doom?

It’s often easier to predict long term future than short term. I can say with 99% confidence stock market will be higher 30 years from now than today. But I can’t say whether it will be higher in 2018.

Climate change is real.

However, I’m not sure is due to human activities.

1 Like

It is a stochastic process. Short term it appears to be random, but over long term, there are statistic patterns. Global warming is more real than not.

1 Like

The climate will ALWAYS be changing. It was changing long before humans were around.

The problem is past measurements are unreliable. .For instance cities are the only places that temperatures were measured 100 years ago…Well guess what?
as cities grow they get hotter. .More buildings and more concrete…Not a good measure of rural areas…and not a good way to prove a trend…

1 Like

Impressive during this epic drought. Nothing new . Sadly Folsom is dumping water during this “drought” and it’s only 59% full.
At least Oroville down 180’ is filling not spilling… we need more dams.

1982-3 and 1992 plus 16/17 were all drought busting winters comparable to this one…Experts cant even predict short term weather…How can they predict climate change…These climatologists are the Kim Kardashians of science. .attention seeking whores. …Dont know shit from Shinola…1% chance of a drought buster year …bullshit. .looks like every 10 years we have the rain of the century. …Civil engineers like me me should take back science from the global warmer charlatans. .Just design dams and storage for our unpredictable weather and stop whinning. …In fact we have a drought every year from May till October…

1 Like

It’s all about money and control. Trouble is anyone can read science and debate experts. So, how do elites keep control? By inventing new rules that can be gamed only by them
Climate change is the perfect ruse:

• morality argument is unbeatable… how can you not care about the planet
  • it’s a long term play… most topics come and go in a few years… climate risk is for 100 years. So, once you dupe someone, you can keep milking them for long. It’s more powerful than covid
  • no objectivity. if it’s cold, it’s weather pattern because of climate change… if it’s hot, it’s global warming. If it rains, it’s flood… if it doesn’t, it’s life-ending-drought
  • there is nothing for you to judge any action. for example, in case of covid, you could ask why was Norway doing so better than US. in the case of climate change, it’s all together… there are no experiments you can run and see whether it yields good result before doubling down
  • white men guilt: everything you like is bad… wait until they link football to global warming [BTW, I’m neither white, nor man, nor like football]

So, end result is: give me $1t and you live miserable life, while I bask in the glory of saving the planet,… and in the end if things are bad, still give me a nobel prize because they could have been worse

1 Like

Perfect is religion.

Second is nation.

Climate change is of the same order as y2k.

1 Like

The religious climate change fanatics are the biggest threat to America in our short history. And the Russians, Chinese, snd third world haters are just laughing at us … will we disarm ourselves in the fight to become the dominant world power. And of course their bots are adding salt to the wounds. We have already lost our industrial base due to environmental Nazis. Our freedom and way of life are next. Take my ICE vehicle, snowplow and tractor from my cold dead hands….