Welcome to Real Estate Forums

Hello! Welcome to Real Estate Forums.

The precursor to this site is Redfin’s Bay Area forum, which was closed in June 2016. We had a pretty close knit community there. It’d be sad to lose everybody. This site was set up to let us hang out for a little bit longer.

Treat this forum like going to your friend’s party. Don’t say anything that you won’t say face-to-face to people. I welcome debates, but let’s keep things classy. Even though it’s supposed to be all about real estate, and Bay Area real estate to be specific, we welcome all sorts of topics. But remember, always be civil.

Now let’s talk.

2 Likes

Hello, I am new to this forum and just barely learning how to navigate. Is this where I would ask questions relating to real estate? Can it be personal real estate and can I ask for advice? I live in a California. Thanks

1 Like

Yes you can ask any questions you have.

1 Like

Hello everyone, I"m also new here and glad to be a part of this forum. I’m looking forward to knowing something or sharing something about real estate.

2 Likes

Looking for an apartment for rent in Dubai.

1 Like

Hello!
I am very new to this forum and i want to get the news and updates of Real Estate via this forum. Hoping to expand my knowledge base about the real estate and real estate market.

2 Likes

Hi,
I am derick and I am new to this forum. Happy to be a part of it!

Hi! I’m also brand new to the forum. I lived in San Francisco as a student a millenium ago, and now I’m going return in order to retire there. I started dinking around online to see what resources were out there, and couldn’t quite believe this place existed. So thanks for being here.

1 Like

Just curious. What brings you back to SF? It’s not the most obvious retirement choice.

Hello once more, my old adversary! Well, it’s probably not an obvious first choice for retirement, but I’m still a little spry, so maybe I’ll get along OK. At this point the choice is really between San Francisco and Barcelona. New York was in the running, but time is running out to make a final decision. I’ll be making that decision this year, my last as a teacher. The happiest decade of my life was school and work in the Bay Area. I’ve been back a few times, seen the changes, and still love the place as much as ever. Work took me all over the country, but, to sound a bit corny, I really did leave my heart in San Francisco. I love cities in general. But San Francisco feels like the right city because I love the ocean there (foggy and chilly as it is), the culture (from symphony to hole-in-the-wall cafes), the diversity, many of the neighborhoods, and, well, almost everything else.

4 Likes

Are you looking for property in Thane, Mumbai? Karpet Area is the best place for you with zero brokerage. You can post your property, you can buy the best property.

Karpet Area is a free portal you can buy and sell your property in Thane, Mumbai. If you want to invest your money in property karpet area is the best.

Hello, can’t find a way to start a new topic, so I’ll just ask here: Where can I find the criteria in Santa Clara for what legally constitutes a studio vs a 1-bedroom apartment? And also what their max occupancy is for renting? Thanks!

More details in case you’re curios: My landlord is making me find the next tenant since my emergency situation forced me to move before lease ended, but not only have they not listed the place themselves but also they are turning away people I find with 3 occupants, possibly 2 occupants (verifying…). The place has a bedroom separated from the kitchen/living room by a door, yet the only bathroom in the unit is attached only to the bedroom so idk if that makes it a studio, or the fact that the unit is 400 sq ft. (It looks like the max occupancy for a 1-bedroom is 3, studio is 2, but haven’t been able to verify that yet either after many Internet searches.)

Hello, i am new here on the forum, is there some people from Belgium aswell?

Hello :wave: I’m new to forums. I’m not sure if this is the place to go to ask questions? But I have one for you. I recently just got married and for now my husband and I are living with his parents. We so desperately want to move out to be on our own but unfortunately financially we can’t. We have been doing a bit of digging around on the internet and found that it’s possible to change our finances if we started investing into real estate. My question would be how do we get started in that? We saw that there is the Brrrr method and a wholesales method and so on. Are these method effective to help us gain some income?

1 Like

Buy your own home first and start from there. Get help from the parents … I am sure they are as anxious for the move as you are. It can be a house that has a spare room or basement that can rented out. Maybe live there first and rent out the main house. That’s how I got started. Borrow from his parents and try to get owner financing if you can’t quality for a home loan

2 Likes

Thank you for your advice :relaxed:

1 Like