What am I missing here about the market's reaction to the Novel Corona (Wuhan) Virus?

Korea’s situation is still dire.

Religious freedom! Wonder why there are branches in China. Time for Xi to purge them all. Killed all Shincheonji, no mercy.

Maybe now is the time to book tour and cruise packages. Anyone spotted huge discounts?

1 Like

I did hear radio ad yesterday by Princess Cruises that they are providing limited-time offer of tip-gratuity-wifi all-inclusive cruises. They have to be hurting really badly at the moment. Too bad schools are still in session.

Wise. Too many poops and homeless. Only need a spark to light up the place.

“While there are currently no cases of coronavirus in the city, the recent declaration will allow the city to secure funding, mobilize additional city resources and expedite the process of emergency planning.”

Yes, declare a state of emergency for a virus with zero cases in the city. Might as well declare a state of emergency for hurricanes and tornadoes too.

Right? Might as well throw in homeless crisis, affordability crisis, earthquake, obesity, etc etc.
Head scratcher…

1 Like

Everybody is scare. Ask for any amount and taxpayers would be willing to give. Albeit, except @marcus335. Get $ while you can :slight_smile: Whether it will be used for tackling coronavirus is another matter. Btw, bipartisan is saying Trump is asking for too low a budget, should be asking for the sky. Nobody will say no.

Based on what I have read so far. Coronavirus is unstable and will flame out. Most people especially those between 18-49 years old with no other sickness, will recover within a few days. People older than 60 with pre-medical condition will need care.

Read between the lines Marcus. Someone’s trying to deflect from the $6,000 bribe from her ex who is also her direct report.

3 Likes

6k bribe? Is that it? I heard about the news but didn’t read. 6k is not enough to pay for the hotel bill of Trump’s security details at Trump’s own hotel for one night. Not to mention how much Trump charges taxpayers for playing golf at his own club. :thinking:

Fed put firmly in place.

Managed to edge down one point to 21. Given how much people are freaking out about germs I wouldn’t be surprised if we go all the way to single digit.

1 Like

Would love to buy LVMH stock at a better price… Diageo stock maybe if it is really depressed

She claimed her ex/direct report gave her $6,000 for car repairs. Not sure what’s worse: a mayor that takes a $6,000 bribe or one that can’t manage finances.

1 Like

The 10-year Treasury yield dropped five basis points to below 1.25% for the first time ever

he added. “That said, there is an argument that the effectiveness of a rate cut or two in combating the outbreak isn’t worth using up the ammunition which will eventually be required to address a ‘real’ downturn in the domestic economy.”

1 Like

Netflix n chill

Could or might is not good enough. In my watchlist, a few greens today:

IQ :slight_smile:
NFLX
PANW - Sold
SQ - Sold
UI :slight_smile: