What happened here?

Huge lot but my co worker bought a home near by for 1.22M for a 1800sf/10k lot in June and I labeled him an emotional buyer.

400k over bid on this one . Wow.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Jose/3319-Half-Pence-Ct-95132/home/1743940?utm_source=myredfin&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=android_share&utm_nooverride=1&utm_content=link

“in june”.

Hey, You know 30% jump under a year is not normal

I have seen worse than that - but yes. It’s not normal. this past 8 years has not been normal now has it?

https://www.zillow.com/san-jose-ca/home-values/

This year is unusual in my book, past yrs weren’t this abnormal. Season has just started. Wait for June this year, prices only go up

Part of it i feel is trump’s plan, though it’s confusing - deductions went down, but maybe tax cut was enough. stock market rallied past year - due to same tax laws. Probably that?

If you look zillow chart (for what it’s worth) the slope increased significantly - break out happens in november 2016 - elections.

1 Like

That’s the nicer area of Berryessa, but still wow! Did not realize that area had gotten so expensive. I remember when it was still sub 1M even just a year ago.

It’s a good deal considering what you can get in Sunnyvale for about the same price (also 400k overbid) :wink:

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Sunnyvale/223-W-California-Ave-94086/home/964263?utm_source=myredfin&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ios_share&utm_nooverride=1&utm_content=link

Yea, but this Sunnyvale one shaves commute time by an hour, but man California is a busy st. Guess it just depends on how much you value your time stuck in traffic.

Well, if you work for something like Intel in Santa Clara then distance wise both are the same.

@wuqijun - Not true. You haven’t been living down here in a while. Traffic pattern flow westbound is significantly worse than eastbound morning. It’s like saying people commuting from Pleasanton to San Jose is the same as from San Jose to Pleasanton in the morning. That’s about a 4x time difference :slight_smile:

Hey, I might not have been living down there for a while but I still know SV inside out like I always do. It does not take an hour to drive from berryessa to Mountain View no matter how bad the traffic.

From that deep in Berryessa? I’m talking specifically in this house example which is deep. That is one hour commute to Google in the morning. If you are in real Berryessa sure and not in the foothills…

Go look at google maps. It’s only 15 miles. You can even bike there in less than an hour if you sprint fast enough…

15 miles is far down here. Traffic is the worst it has ever been down here from talking to people living her for a long time. Also 237 becomes a bottleneck with 880/680 traffic. I don’t want to sit here and argue with you, since I don’t live there, but I can tell you my coworkers from Milpitas/Berryessa edge take 45mins-1 hr easy in the mornings. Maybe some people on this board coming from Milpitas foothills can comment.

Many routes they can take. Not just 237. They can drive local and it’ll only take 10 mins extra. I used to live in Berryessa and commute to Cupertino for work. Even that didn’t take an hour. It’s was back in 2014 so I give you benefit of the doubt by adding 10% more time to the commute. No, I don’t think traffic time increase has kept pace with home price increases… :wink:

That I agree with, but seriously I commute to MV daily and it takes me 30 minutes already and I’m MUCH closer. Anyways, my point is, traffic is much worse, and you probably went to work at 10:30 :slight_smile:

Local routes are heavily crowded, infrastructure not designed to handle the load. That having been said if you’re in actual “central” Berryessa, I’ll give you 45 minutes, but from where this particular house (which is what I was commenting about), it would be 1 hr regularly unless you go off peak, but I guess I said “shave” 1 hr, so I’ll say I guess it shaves more like 45 mins, since it’d still be 15 minutes from Sunnyvale to MV.

Um… ok I’m done with this argument. I don’t care about berryessa anymore as I will never buy a house there. I hope it takes 3 hours for them to get anywhere. I missed my big chance to own a home there back in 2011 for $450k. I backed out the last minute thinking I could buy it even cheaper down the road. Of course never happened…

This is the home BTW. Realtor told me I could have it for $442.5k because she was willing to sacrifice $2500 in commission if I was willing to take it. Good deal? :wink:

https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Jose/2134-Limewood-Dr-95132/home/671358?utm_source=myredfin&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ios_share&utm_nooverride=1&utm_content=link