What Is A Brisbane You Ask?

Jane Kim behaves like North Korean dictator, Kim Jong-un. As a SF resident, she wants to invade Brisbane and rule over Brisbane like a king.

Stupid!

Think what’s going to happen if Kim Jong-un orders USA to build more houses to ease our housing shortage. Otherwise, North Korea will annex USA!

Everyone should have the freedom to decide build or not to build in his land. Every city should have the freedom to decide whether to build on a vacant land. It’s not ok to force others to do what you want

Every podunk town in the west bay is anti growth…They say screw newcomers, screw renters, screw their own kids…Nimbyism is a narcissistic madness…An it is contagious. .most new homeowners catch the same disease…

1 Like

Brisbane should sell their rights to the land…Let SF annex it…That way Brisbane gets cash and doesn’t have to grow…

The thing is, the people that live there are true and true NIMBYs!!! They do not want even the slightest development to ruin their oasis.

I would support housing proposal. But if the super majority of the Brisbane citizens are against it, we need to respect their opinion.

Try push for high density condos in Atherton if you are really into housing. SF put a housing moratorium in transit rich district, and now SF wants to force Brisbane to do something Brisbane is against?

We have to protect small potatos

But at the same time, they wouldn’t mind the ton of jobs though. Remember the uproar when one of the Brisbane leaders or the Mayor who said “let’s leave the housing to SF”… Come on!!!

Brisbane is very small and it does not really matter that much. SF has the worst jobs housing ratio.

Brisbane only has a 4000 population. It’s so tiny that we should stay away from its decisions. It’s like a group of elephants attacking an ant.

Let them have their right to make decisions for themselves

I support high density in transit rich cities such as SF, Oakland and Berkeley. Brisbane is a suburban town, let it be itself. We have to allow diversity, not forcing all the cities be the same

Please note that I said “allow” diversity, not manufacture diversity. Let everyone be herself or himself, let each town to be itself

Let It Be

That’s the problem, everyone wants the goodies (jobs, tax money) but aren’t willing to shell out for the housing and the other necessities that go with it. Why is it all on the Fab 7x7 to do it all??? Is it ok to bus homeless people to the Fab 7x7, knowing that the Fab 7x7 is too accommodating??? If Brisbane develops that parcel with office buildings imagine how 101 would be even worse than it already is.

Only Redwood City, in San Mateo county, has not shirked their responsibility to provide housing…Except for the Salt Works…Like I said, let builders build or prepare for a homeless invasion

Damn NIMBYs!!!

https://www.bisnow.com/san-francisco/news/construction-development/how-one-small-bay-area-town-is-pushing-back-against-housing-77506

Damn NIMBYs!!!

Just build it!!!

The BA can not longer afford parochial Podunk towns like Brisbane…Time to develop Mt. San Bruno

I just hope that the State laws have some real bite to it so that local jurisdictions like Brisbane can’t delay it anymore. If we want to keep the best and brightest people here in the Bay more housing has to come. People don’t understand that in the long run it is better that we accommodate more people than lose them and companies to somewhere else.

1 Like